NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hey, losers...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote The.Black.Violet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by karlynns karlynns wrote:

Ooh!  Can I play, too?  I'm a newbie, and it took me so long to figure out how to upload my story to the Forum that I didn't get a lot of feedback, unfortunately (though what I did get was super helpful!)  I'd like to play again, but upload sooner this time!

I'm picking #4, because it's my favorite number!

Karlynn

Read my SSC R1 story The Gander

That's my favorite number too! If my friend didn't already give me one I probs would have been in the same group as you 😜! I'll be sure to give yours a read!
CH1 Flash
Hyphen-hated

2021-CH2 Flash
Ready, Salt, Go
karlynns View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karlynns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 11:29pm
Thanks! I’ll read yours, too! Can’t wait!
Katie Ess

Read my Round #1 FFC The Short-Lived Season of Cooking-Live!
Alex Grey View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alex Grey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 8:23am
Originally posted by justmel justmel wrote:

Originally posted by alisandra alisandra wrote:

Originally posted by Alex Grey Alex Grey wrote:

Great idea :-)

Though there is a “literary taxidermy” competition on the go elsewhere if you feel you need to give something a stuffing :-D

Loser checking in here! I've been planning to write something for the Literary Taxidermy contest and this is a great reminder to get going on that!

Does either of you have the link for the literary taxidermy contest?  TIA!

Here it is, but I think it should be for losers only - we're the ones at a loose end right now Wink

https://literarytaxidermy.com/
Alex Grey View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex Grey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 8:38am
I'm having an idle afternoon at my computer (should be writing the novel...yada, yada!) and wondered how we find out what the categories are for Round 2 if we're not in Round 2? Do we wait for Suave to work magic on the forum again?
nod1v1ng View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nod1v1ng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 8:55am

I'm having an idle afternoon at my computer (should be writing the novel...yada, yada!) and wondered how we find out what the categories are for Round 2 if we're not in Round 2? Do we wait for Suave to work magic on the forum again?

Once the round kicks off there should be a link to the R2 assignments here that anyone can access:
bartelbysamsa View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartelbysamsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 9:05am

Great idea :-)

Though there is a “literary taxidermy” competition on the go elsewhere if you feel you need to give something a stuffing :-D

Wicked! I'd never heard of this competition before. What a great idea! Thank you! In the interests of sharing, there is also this competition closing soon:

The Alpine Fellowship 2019

You have around about the same time as you did in round 1 to write a story on identity (So pretty broad), up to 2,500 words. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem you can use anything that you've submitted here.

Also up for the idea of using the prompts from the next round here if I get the time. I think I'll follow someone from my group in round one and use their prompts. What could have been...

Edited by bartelbysamsa - 04 Apr 2019 at 9:07am
NatalieJames View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NatalieJames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 12:36pm
I'm almost through licking my wounds. A lot of pouting has occurred the past couple of days, but maybe I'll play this weekend with you guys. 

Internet dice says my group is #8.
SSC R1G32
My Sisters' Keeper

Alex Grey View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex Grey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 1:15pm
I'm so glad that you came up with this - I'm feeling a bit sad now that the moment for the Round 2s to move onwards and upwards has come and they're going to be leaving us behind. :-)
Alex Grey View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex Grey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 2:52am
Ok fellow losers, I'm going to go with Horror - renovation - a researcher

I have a story in mind (I've been contemplating the horror of horror since I found out it was a thing here) but I'm so horrified by it I don't want to write it!

Watch this space...I might be some time!
RBJohnson View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RBJohnson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 7:09am
Because the list seems not yet available, I picked the first one I saw a winner had been given:

Hist Fiction - Journey - Thief

Since we never discussed what happens with these stories, let's post either the story or a link to it on this thread. Not a real contest, so the particulars don't matter much. Link it if you have the will; it keeps the forum tidier.
SSC 2019 Round 1: Duluth
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>