FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Waiting is HARD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
northernwriter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northernwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Waiting is HARD
    Posted: 13 May 2019 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by G1nsbergB3ats G1nsbergB3ats wrote:

Well, I tried to "stay safe" with what I wrote and it turned out not to matter this time around. I guess I'll have to look into the flash fic contest, at least these things give me something to look forward to/hope for. Best of luck to everyone advancing!

I did the opposite. I had a "safe" entry and went with my wilder option. It didn't make it either. Looking forward to flash fiction now! See you there!

-Alex
Microfiction 2021: 4th place overall
Flash Fiction 2020: 8th place overall
G1nsbergB3ats View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G1nsbergB3ats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 12:45pm
Well, I tried to "stay safe" with what I wrote and it turned out not to matter this time around. I guess I'll have to look into the flash fic contest, at least these things give me something to look forward to/hope for. Best of luck to everyone advancing!
2020 SSC R1 G36 The Last Troll Boy
nod1v1ng View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nod1v1ng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by northernwriter northernwriter wrote:

Hi there! Good luck to you in both competitions! Did you do the Yeah Write Super Challenge?

I did.... 

And it looks like SS results are out. Always a bridesmaid. Looks like yet another HM for me...
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northernwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by nod1v1ng nod1v1ng wrote:

So I was silly enough to sign up for another writing contest that runs congruent. We find out who moves on to the finals for this comp this week as well. 

Murphy's Law says I'll either move on in both and have 2 stories to write this weekend, or neither and be stuck twiddling my thumbs. Ack!  

Hi there! Good luck to you in both competitions! Did you do the Yeah Write Super Challenge? I signed up for that one one, then got really sick during the time I was supposed to be writing, so I didn't do it. (So that's one fewer person in group 1.) I know round 2 of that is this weekend as well!

To move forward in this competition, I would have to get just the right judges for my piece - ones who appreciate my voice and wacky characters. But I have decided that I will spend some time writing this weekend - either my round 3 piece if I am fortunate enough to move forward, or a nonfiction essay I need to add 200 more words to before submitting to a publication. So either way I have blocked out some time for writing, so it will be okay. 

Good luck, nod1v1ng and everyone else!

-Alex
nod1v1ng View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nod1v1ng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 7:22am
So I was silly enough to sign up for another writing contest that runs congruent. We find out who moves on to the finals for this comp this week as well. 

Murphy's Law says I'll either move on in both and have 2 stories to write this weekend, or neither and be stuck twiddling my thumbs. Ack!  
Seacore View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seacore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 6:20am
Gah, you're right, waiting just got harder
SSC R2 H2 -Jetsam
SSC R1 H128 - Truth and Fire
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northernwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 2:21am
Originally posted by Seacore Seacore wrote:

And now I'm struggling to wait again. Less than 48 hours to go!

Same! Although I thought it was 72 hours? Wednesday night at 11:59 PM Eastern, correct? I am filling my time reviewing stories I haven’t gotten to yet! Yours is on the list, coming up soon!

Good luck!
Seacore View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seacore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 12:55am
And now I'm struggling to wait again. Less than 48 hours to go!
SSC R2 H2 -Jetsam
SSC R1 H128 - Truth and Fire
Indigo502 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Indigo502 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 11:35am
Originally posted by Paula-Jane Paula-Jane wrote:

This is so kind of you! I feel like I want to invite you over and give you lots of cookies in return!
It's actually ridiculous just how nervous I feel about this, but doing this "ordered" writing was an intense experience... 

Lol! If I wasn't almost 6,500 kms away, I would take you up on those cookies! Thanks for the thought, though- it made me smile :) Not much longer now!
Read my R1 Story titled The Ties That Bind (Horror)
Paula-Jane View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Paula-Jane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 9:39am
This is so kind of you! I feel like I want to invite you over and give you lots of cookies in return!
It's actually ridiculous just how nervous I feel about this, but doing this "ordered" writing was an intense experience... 

FF 19: R1 - 37
The first time
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>