NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

First!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Random Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by steph9289 steph9289 wrote:

Will be registering as soon as my tax refund lands in my bank account!! :)

I'm also looking forward to running the Master List again! Tongue

I just went through all three master lists and thanked Suave for every post he made.  That had an effect on his point count!  Big smile

If Pelosi steals your tax refund let me know.  My buddy Donald will take care of it for you.
This sig intentionally blank
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by Random Random wrote:

I just went through all three master lists and thanked Suave for every post he made.  That had an effect on his point count!  Big smile

If Pelosi steals your tax refund let me know.  My buddy Donald will take care of it for you.

Haha!  I was wondering just what happened as my score went though the roof.
NilesPerry View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NilesPerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 9:29pm
Got to Round 3 in 2015, 2016 and 2017. Got Honorable Mention in the 2016 competition. Had to sit out in 2018, so I'm ready to come back and place with the winners this time. Hey, I can dream, can't I?
Tongue
steph9289 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote steph9289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 10:42am
Officially registered!! My goal for this year is to actually reach 12 pages. This will be my fourth attempt. And I have never hit that 12th page.

2019: TBD
2018: Historical Fiction (10 pages) - Got an HM for this one! :)
2017: Fantasy (5.5 pages) - This one was absolute torture.
2016: Horror (10.5 pages) - My first attempt at writing a screenplay EVER.

#amrevising
Janetinputney View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janetinputney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 11:46am
I have a question:  Last year was my first time ever, and they posted the results with their loglines.  So we could get a flavour of those that didn't join the forum...  But they didn't do that for short screenplay competition.  Do you think they've given up because there are too many entrants?  Anyone have any knowledge about this?!

steph9289 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote steph9289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 11:50am
Originally posted by Janetinputney Janetinputney wrote:

I have a question:  Last year was my first time ever, and they posted the results with their loglines.  So we could get a flavour of those that didn't join the forum...  But they didn't do that for short screenplay competition.  Do you think they've given up because there are too many entrants?  Anyone have any knowledge about this?!

If I had to guess...I would say it's because the two contests have different formats for Round 1. The Screenwriting contest gives 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th... while Short Screenplay gives points to the top 15 scripts. So there's just too many loglines to list! :p
#amrevising
fioOxf View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote fioOxf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 11:28am
So. Madly, I just signed up for it. It starts at 5am the morning after I get home from a work trip. I start travelling on 24th March, so.... I'll be exhausted!! I'll probably contemplate the prompts while lying on a foam roller on the living-room floor LOL I'll be in far more need of exercise than hours of sitting at my computer BUT tis done. My first Screenplay comp. The current Short Screenplay comp produced my first ever screenplays (as FMau), and I really enjoyed it, so we'll see how the longer format works out. 
NYCNewbie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NYCNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 11:53am
Originally posted by fioOxf fioOxf wrote:

So. Madly, I just signed up for it. It starts at 5am the morning after I get home from a work trip. I start travelling on 24th March, so.... I'll be exhausted!! I'll probably contemplate the prompts while lying on a foam roller on the living-room floor LOL I'll be in far more need of exercise than hours of sitting at my computer BUT tis done. My first Screenplay comp. The current Short Screenplay comp produced my first ever screenplays (as FMau), and I really enjoyed it, so we'll see how the longer format works out. 

Yay, well done!
Sounds a bit pervy though Fi....but what you do in your own home is your affair!
P x
fioOxf View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fioOxf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by NYCNewbie NYCNewbie wrote:

Originally posted by fioOxf fioOxf wrote:

So. Madly, I just signed up for it. It starts at 5am the morning after I get home from a work trip. I start travelling on 24th March, so.... I'll be exhausted!! I'll probably contemplate the prompts while lying on a foam roller on the living-room floor LOL I'll be in far more need of exercise than hours of sitting at my computer BUT tis done.

Yay, well done!
Sounds a bit pervy though Fi....but what you do in your own home is your affair!
P x

Rockin' the Myrtle look! Wink

Ahem. Not QUITE the type of foam roller I meant... my back needs a lot more than one o' they.
Janetinputney View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janetinputney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 12:17pm
Good luck with it!!  Having a week for the first one feels so long after the 48hrs of the SSC!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>