NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crass commercial plug--first production

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NilesPerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by JeffreyHowe JeffreyHowe wrote:

We have most of the funding we need...
Funding? What is funding? I work in the Low Budget/No Budget realm. Make sure cast and crew are well fed and that pretty much covers everything.

Post links when the films can be seen. Congratulations!
JeffreyHowe View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeffreyHowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 11:36am
Survived first day of the shoot. Longer day than planned since we had a no-show grip and the gaffer had to double up. Lighting setup is already the lion's share of the time and that was like a 1.5 multiplier. 

Cutting an exterior scene Cry today to help make up time and because it's going to rain all freakin' day and night. But it's a fairly organic deletion fixed with a small description change in the previous scene.

Cast and crew all solid. Whew!

beckyrcollins View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beckyrcollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 11:37am
Originally posted by JeffreyHowe JeffreyHowe wrote:

Longer day than planned

The first of many I'm sure LOL Huge congrats though. Sounds brilliant fun! 

Edited by beckyrcollins - 20 Feb 2019 at 11:38am
Janetinputney View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janetinputney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 12:05pm
Thanks for keeping us updated!  Good luck with the shoot!

NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeffreyHowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 3:01pm
Important lesson: do not think out loud during a set-up unless you are absolutely sure you're being asked something directly. It makes the director cranky.
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeffreyHowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 3:49pm
Also: even when you wrote it in the script, hearing a scream out of the closed set room -- and hearing it repeated -- and modulated -- takes getting used to.
Joni View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 8:10pm
How's it coming along on the short film? I just secured fiscal sponsorship for mine through WIFT, so I get to ask for donations that will be tax deductible. Got a director signed on and he has a preferred crew that he has contacts with, so it works out well since I have none lol. Now to raise funds and get the rest going! Any other tidbits you've learned along the way, please share! 
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeffreyHowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 8:29pm
Having any sort of sponsorship is really nice. Cry

My script is shot and in post. We're trying to nail down locations for the director's script...which is proving a challenge since she moved last year. She has all sorts of places she could shoot back in Nashville (and indeed that's one reason we ended up shooting mine there) but she really wanted to shoot where she lives now, near Jacksonville.

Raising money would be a lot easier if I knew more people who weren't starving artists. We extended our IndieGoGo campaign and got a few large contributions, enough to make it possible to hit goal. Not sure if it's likely, though. Ask me in a week. Big smile
Joni View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 8:57am
Yeah, locations are pretty difficult. I'm intending to film mine in the small town I live in, which really helps with that part. It's exciting that your script is in post, though! It'll be exciting to see it as a finished product.
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeffreyHowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 9:07am
Did you see the production stills? It all looks great. The DP did some incredible stuff with the location.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>