FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crass commercial plug--first production

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Joni View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crass commercial plug--first production
    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 11:37pm
Oh yay on them being so close!! And good luck on making the festival deadline too, I saw they're all creeping up really soon. Glad to hear your bit of bad luck turned for the better, I'm hoping mine does the same! It definitely sounds like the original plan wouldn't have been a good thing for your young actor. I can't wait to see yours when it's done!!
JeffreyHowe View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeffreyHowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 10:58pm
Yikes--that is a run of...luck.

We lost about two weeks to computer issues--thankfully everything was backed up so little needed to be re-done, the PC itself just wasn't working right.  

The second short (Clown College) was picture locked a week or so ago and sent to the sound and color people; my short (Past Partum) should be picture locked tonight or tomorrow (I let the second one finish first because it has weirder sound needs, while mine was taking longer to edit due to the skype conversation intercut).

Unfortunately the two festivals I kinda wanted to premiere at (assuming they take mine) have their drop-dead deadlines coming up very soon. I might have some leeway, but I don't know if it will be enough. 

But it is what it is, and it will be *somewhere* soon enough. Probably September.

And at least I sold the old car I bought for it, so I don't have that albatross Tongue   

There was actually a run of bad luck on Clown College that ended up working in our favor--we had five places queued up to shoot a morgue scene in, all working mortuaries with...customers under sheets and in drawers. The scene has a ten-year old actress in it, so I was already a little concerned.

And then one by one they all punked out on us, leaving us to scramble the last day of shooting. But the DP and director realized the church we were in for the funeral scene's fellowship hall had storage cabinets that looked like old-school enamel-finish under the right lighting...so we arranged to stay there.  And it turned out the girl's family had decided to take her aunt off life support that morning, so a real working mortuary might have been too much. 
Joni View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 10:07pm
How's it going on the shorts, Jeffrey? I'm filming in less than two weeks for mine, and I'm finding it true what they say - anything can happen to cause issues when making a film. The budget has increased more than I expected for a variety of reasons (getting a little nervous on that end-- eek), a friend's car I was going to use got wrecked (totaled by insurance, and it was a pristine early 90s Lincoln Town car ugh), a contact I had at a newspaper for printing lost his job, so now I have to pay someone for the same thing I was supposed to get for free, and a bird I was going to use for a certain shot DIED (this damn bird survived a house fire over a year ago and it up and died in the middle of the night 2 days after my friend said I could use it in the film). So, it's starting to feel a bit like... Was it Wizard of Oz that had all the bad luck? Anyway, just wanted to see how yours was going (hopefully better than mine) and vent a wee bit lol. 
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeffreyHowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 11:00am
Just so everyone knows--we did in fact make our goal, which means IndieGoGo keeps it the campaign open as an ongoing concern until we tell them to stop. I guess. I've never done one before so the endgame is a little hazy. :D

NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeffreyHowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 12:22pm
There's a little sneak-peak teaser for donors--when we crack $5000 today we will put up public links.
Joni View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 4:04pm
That looks amazing! Somehow I missed the FB page before and just liked it so I can follow along. Love the poster!!
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeffreyHowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 9:21am
Ahh I think they're floating around on the Facebook page...here, try this --

some behind the scenes shots and promotional stuff there too. 
Joni View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 9:08am
Originally posted by JeffreyHowe JeffreyHowe wrote:

Did you see the production stills? It all looks great. The DP did some incredible stuff with the location.

I didn't, are they available on one of the fundraiser pages?
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeffreyHowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 9:07am
Did you see the production stills? It all looks great. The DP did some incredible stuff with the location.

Joni View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 8:57am
Yeah, locations are pretty difficult. I'm intending to film mine in the small town I live in, which really helps with that part. It's exciting that your script is in post, though! It'll be exciting to see it as a finished product.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>