NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Short Story Round 1 Titles and Synopses!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 82838485>
Author
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orange_oddity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 5:12pm
                             OPERATION OTTO
In war-torn Berlin, her new position in the factory shows Hanna that maybe not all is fair in love and war.

(HEAT 131: Romance - A Presentation - A Factory Worker)

Anansi View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anansi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 5:37pm
I've got a different group: historical fiction, pregnancy, An intoxicated person - but have plenty of pirates... 

"The Pirate queen" - will post it shortly
Seacore View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seacore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 6:05pm
Heat 9 - Horror - A binge - A carpenter

Upon a Star

Synopsis: A lonely carpenter wishes upon a star for his wooden
puppet to be brought to life. Unfortunately, his wish is

granted.
wordsbybob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wordsbybob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 6:54am
Greetings; I too was in Group 17. I have written sort of Romance and some with comic elements but never a "Romantic Comedy." I took a role reversal approach it and called it "Come as You Aren't." I have no clue how the judges will look at it. Hoe did you approach this? 

Bob Erickson
Texas
Dekay View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 7:37am
Originally posted by wordsbybob wordsbybob wrote:

Greetings; I too was in Group 17. I have written sort of Romance and some with comic elements but never a "Romantic Comedy." I took a role reversal approach it and called it "Come as You Aren't." I have no clue how the judges will look at it. Hoe did you approach this? 

Bob Erickson
Texas

Hello, Bob. Fellow Texan here. Your story title was intriguing enough that I wanted to read the story. I looked for it in the master list, but it wasn't there. Will you be sharing it? 
Krysta View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krysta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 10:39am
Group 79 - Mystery/Greed/Fiance

SAMUEL JOHNSON AND HIS RED CORVETTE

Synopsis: Who will be found guilty for the murder of wealthy Samuel Johnson: his fiancé, devastated to miss her cake tasting, or his ex-wife, bitter over the loss of a car in their divorce settlement? Either way, Detective Christen knows greed is one of the best motives for murder.

msh715 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msh715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 9:25pm
Group 39 - Thriller/Exile/Philanderer

Bad Business

One young man finds out that using your charming good looks to make a profit can have a deadly consequence.
CJHolmes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJHolmes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 10:21pm
R1 Heat111 Fantasy "At the Edge of Land and Sky"

Fantasy/A blood feud/A bartender

Tired warriors enjoy a time of communion on the eve of battle, sharing food, drink, and stories before tracking down a hated enemy.

Edited by CJHolmes - 31 Jan 2019 at 10:22pm
Josh C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 10:58pm
Drama. Jury deliberation. Magician.

Ballad of the still man

An 83 year old magician is on trial for the murder of his assistant.

Annie1098 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annie1098 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 11:20pm
Heat 67: Comedy/a disguise/a mathematician

Brain

An insecure high school freshman tries to recall his childhood alter ego to gain the confidence to woo his dream girl

Edited by Annie1098 - 01 Feb 2019 at 11:20pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 82838485>