NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Challenge 3 Prompts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steph9289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Challenge 3 Prompts
    Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 12:28am
What'd you get and how are you feeling about it?!?!

I'm in Group 2 (my lucky number)!

Comedy / A pediatrician's office / Tofu

Not instantly inspired, but also not instantly paralyzed...so I'd say I'm off to a good start!!

Good luck everyone. :)
#amrevising
MissKeister View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissKeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 12:35am
I think I'm feeling about the same as you, Steph!

Group 5

Sci-fi / A factory / A laser pointer

Thinking on what TYPE of sci-fi I want... I also made the mistake of checking the scores of my heatmates from the previous rounds and YIKES it's a stiff competition.  

Wishing everyone good luck!!!
Snarkmaiden View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snarkmaiden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 12:41am
Action adventure / a rail yard / a chisel

Actually pretty good prompts given that I have approximately three and a half minutes to work on it this weekend. It's 5.40am in the UK and I'm at my desk already...
manifestlynot View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manifestlynot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 12:43am
Originally posted by MissKeister MissKeister wrote:

Group 5

Thinking on what TYPE of sci-fi I want... I also made the mistake of checking the scores of my heatmates from the previous rounds and YIKES it's a stiff competition.  

Hey heatmate! I definitely count you among that stiff competition—loved Endgame!!
Rhyming R1: Lionheart (Hist fic)
toeditishuman View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toeditishuman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 12:54am
I'm in Group 3 - Drama/A school detention room/A teacup.

I'm actually really excited about these prompts since drama was what I wanted, but they also seem kind of too good to be true, so I'm psyching myself out a bit. Also it's way too late (almost 6am here lol) and I need to go to bed, but I'm just excited about the idea I have.

Good luck everyone!
FF CH3 Eyes in the Field (sci-fi)
FF CH2 Marbles (fantasy)
JeffreyHowe View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeffreyHowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 12:56am
Originally posted by steph9289 steph9289 wrote:

Not instantly inspired, but also not instantly paralyzed...so I'd say I'm off to a good start!!

I mean, it kinda just sounds funny to say, right? Tofu and a pediatrician's office. See ya there!
steph9289 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steph9289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 12:59am
Originally posted by JeffreyHowe JeffreyHowe wrote:

Originally posted by steph9289 steph9289 wrote:

I mean, it kinda just sounds funny to say, right? Tofu and a pediatrician's office. See ya there!

Got excited/nervous when I saw your name in Group 2!! Looking forward to the challenge! 

And yes, I will no longer struggle to spell pediatrician after this weekend. So if nothing else, I will have that! ;)
#amrevising
lisafox10800 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lisafox10800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 1:07am
In over 20 NYCM comps, I knew it was bound to find me eventually...

Rom Com (Gah!)
A Queue/Waiting line
A CARROT

Time to bring on the silly!
lisafoxiswriting.com
My short story collection, Core Truths, is now available wherever books are sold.
tedsturge View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tedsturge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 1:13am
Originally posted by toeditishuman toeditishuman wrote:

I'm in Group 3 - Drama/A school detention room/A teacup.

I'm actually really excited about these prompts since drama was what I wanted, but they also seem kind of too good to be true, so I'm psyching myself out a bit. Also it's way too late (almost 6am here lol) and I need to go to bed, but I'm just excited about the idea I have.

Good luck everyone!

I'm in your group, and not nearly as confident in my idea, haha! Good luck, I'm excited to read your script!

MissKeister View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissKeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 1:32am
Originally posted by manifestlynot manifestlynot wrote:

Originally posted by MissKeister MissKeister wrote:

Group 5

Hey heatmate! I definitely count you among that stiff competition—loved Endgame!!

Oooo hello!  Well shucks, thanks! Knights of the All-Shop Supercenter was one of my favorites I read last round -- I'm excited to read your take on the prompts!  Sci-fi is always so... open.  Kind of a blessing and a curse :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>