NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Challenge 3 Results

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 17>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote sootfoot5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Challenge 3 Results
    Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 12:06am
in case you hadn’t noticed, our confirmation email  again said that the results would come on a Tuesday. I have contacted NYC, as you can see in the question and answer forum, and askef them whether this was correct. As you recall, last round I results were listed to come on Tuesday but they came on Wednesday and most of us were a little annoyed. NYC have confirmed that the results will, in fact, come on Tuesday night if not earlier.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 1:29am
Wow I am falling asleep right now (i.e., doped up on 10 mg of Ambien) but I must applaud you, you wonderful steward for the contest. You have taken an ambiguity of note that would harm many, many entrants and have savagely gotten the results for .... I gotta go sleep.Hug
< x="0" y="0" width="99999" height="99999" id="hc_extension_off">< x="0" y="0" width="99999" height="99999" id="hc_extension_highcontrast">< x="0" y="0" width="99999" height="99999" id="hc_extension_highcontrast_back">< x="0" y="0" width="99999" height="99999" id="hc_extension_grayscale">< x="0" y="0" width="99999" height="99999" id="hc_extension_grayscale_back">< x="0" y="0" width="99999" height="99999" id="hc_extension_invert">< x="0" y="0" width="99999" height="99999" id="hc_extension_invert_back">< x="0" y="0" width="99999" height="99999" id="hc_extension_invert_grayscale">< x="0" y="0" width="99999" height="99999" id="hc_extension_yellow_on_black">< x="0" y="0" width="99999" height="99999" id="hc_extension_yellow_on_black_back">
sootfoot5 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sootfoot5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 9:29am
[QUOTE=Zelda]Wow I am falling asleep right now (i.e., doped up on 10 mg of Ambien) but I must applaud you, you wonderful steward for the contest. You have taken an ambiguity of note that would harm many, many entrants and have savagely gotten the results for .... I gotta go sleep.Hug

/QUOTE]

OH MY!  Yes, I'd say you needed to go to sleep!  I appreciate the kind words, but it really wasn't that big a deal.  Embarrassed

To better understand why the Tuesday/Wens thing is confusing, folks might need to know these points:

1) the results used to always come out on Tuesdays - then as the contest grew, NYC became much more often late with the results, so they began to switch them to Wens.  

2)  they haven't always been late -- back in the days of creation, there were times they were early!

3) the legal binding agreement, whatever, isn't where you should look for the date results will be released.  NYC seems to cut/paste that from prior years, so the Tues/Wens thing may be wrong.  Look at your confirmation email.  They are usually correct there.  

4) If you look at the confirmation email and still aren't sure, do what I did and ask.  That's what the Q&A forum is for.  

5) if some MAJOR sports event is happening in NY the day the results are to come out, they will probably be late (think World Series with Mets playing)  

I hope this information helps you understand.  Yes, this competition is a business, but the people running it are people.  And they really aren't so bad.  Ask them a question in a respectful manner and they will answer you.  Soot
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 9:41am
I see I've been posting under the influence again. Oh my.

No, it was that big of a deal!! LOLLOLLOL I was so disappointed last round (when no results came), and so were a lot of people, but you had the courage to ask them!! (We're all cowardly here.) Now, there won't be a repeat of waiting and waiting and waiting!! Cheers to Sootfoot!! 

Well, I'm well-rested now and ready to ... walk the dog. Go us!! Here's to great results for all next Tuesday!! 
< x="0" y="0" width="99999" height="99999" id="hc_extension_off">< x="0" y="0" width="99999" height="99999" id="hc_extension_highcontrast">< x="0" y="0" width="99999" height="99999" id="hc_extension_highcontrast_back">< x="0" y="0" width="99999" height="99999" id="hc_extension_grayscale">< x="0" y="0" width="99999" height="99999" id="hc_extension_grayscale_back">< x="0" y="0" width="99999" height="99999" id="hc_extension_invert">< x="0" y="0" width="99999" height="99999" id="hc_extension_invert_back">< x="0" y="0" width="99999" height="99999" id="hc_extension_invert_grayscale">< x="0" y="0" width="99999" height="99999" id="hc_extension_yellow_on_black">< x="0" y="0" width="99999" height="99999" id="hc_extension_yellow_on_black_back">
chrissie0707 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrissie0707 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 6:14pm
Good to know! Thanks!
robosagogo View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robosagogo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 8:26pm
Glad to know, though I’m now looking at Tuesday with equal parts dread and anticipation.
sootfoot5 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sootfoot5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 1:56am
HA!  I asked them knowing I'm not going through - my suspense story turned out a dang comedy for goodness sakes!  Like how can I move on?  Still, I will want to see how many of those I've been pulling for made it and besides, hope does spring eternal...
sidle_by View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidle_by Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 4:06pm
oh dang i'd actually forgotten results were so soon!!
i don't expect to be advancing (have a feeling i'll get nixed on genre), but I'm super keen to see how my group goes!! plus, i want to read the final round stories already!!!! 
FF23 Rd1 - Special Frame Diner
roccapia View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roccapia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 7:06pm
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm not going to make it either...my romantic comedy had no laughs in it...but it'll be cool to see who did, and definitely will be fun to read the final round stories.
bleustick View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bleustick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 7:55pm
I am trying to pretend like I don't know that results are coming on the 11th, especially since they tend to be late. But it is hard. Of course I want to progress, but I'm not sure that's happening for me this time. My comedy is hardly a comedy (though I feel like all my genres have been question marks; is this really pol-sat? is this really mystery?). But it will be nice to know, either way.

I keep telling myself... at worst, I don't continue and I recalibrate towards other projects and the SSC. No big. (Though it would be nice, after a year of rejections, for the one non-rejection I've had going this year to stay that way.)
FFC: 1 Candy-Coated (Pol-Sat) * 2 Love Beneath (Fantasy)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 17>