FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NYCM story out on Pseudopod podcast

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Briana Una View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Briana Una Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NYCM story out on Pseudopod podcast
    Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 9:22pm
I just finished listening to this! How awesome! Great job, and now you’ve got me thinking about submitting to podcasts...
Kris View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by Jaamz Jaamz wrote:

I just gave it a listen and well done! I really enjoyed it. The narrator was perfect. I’m glad so much hard work finally made its way out to the world.
Thank you! Heart
Jaamz View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaamz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 1:24pm
I just gave it a listen and well done! I really enjoyed it. The narrator was perfect. I’m glad so much hard work finally made its way out to the world.
Jhill View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 9:36am
Originally posted by Kris Kris wrote:

Originally posted by Jhill Jhill wrote:

Outstanding! Congrats!

Do you mind sharing how long the process took? From submission to today? (I'm amazed at how long the turnaround can be at some pubs, vs. the quickness of others.) And how does it vary when working with a podcast vs. a pub/e-pub?

Grats again. :)

Happy to!

Egg actually was my first published story (not at PseudoPod). In hindsight, I should have held out for a paying market, but I was just getting going. 

It was first sent to Out of the Gutter in August 2016, with an 11-day acceptance turnaround, and published in September of that year if I remember correctly. It had been rejected once before that. (Which is unusually low for rejection stats for me.) 

I submitted it as a reprint to PseudoPod on April 22, 2017. I don't recall all the steps between, but I do remember receiving a "sending it up the ladder" email fairly shortly after that, then a few more weeks to a yes, and received a contract June 29th. At that time, they paid on acceptance (which has since changed to payment on pub). 

Then the waiting started. Esp for flash, they collect content until they can form logical groupings, and then release a go-forward schedule for six months or a year at a time. 

So even though I'd been paid for it, I had no idea when it might come out, until they sent the proposed 2018 schedule about a year ago. 

then it's the countdown, to today's joyous celebrations Star

Being flash complicated it, as they do a quarterly flash edition and have to group 3 stories on some common theme. 

I was not involved in production at all, and heard it for the first time this morning. And am still just over the moon over their choice of narrator. 

Comparing it to regular pubs (print or e or whatever), they were very responsive on the front end, but production takes time. My last couple of accepted stories in regular pubs have probably sat for a good 9 months until acceptance? But then the rest went quickly. 

I think I would have died from impatience. Congrats again -- it's a great story!
Kris View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by LaraH LaraH wrote:

That is super cool!    

I had no idea podcasts were even a potential market --and i have a friend with a reasonably successful podcast.   

Thanks! Yeah - it's an HWA and SFWA qualifying market, too. They (Escape Artists) also have related podcasts for sci-fi, fantasy, and a YA-oriented one. Worth checking out. 
Kris View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by bchabek bchabek wrote:

That’s really cool. Well done!!!
Thank you!!
LaraH View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaraH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 12:37pm
That is super cool!    

I had no idea podcasts were even a potential market --and i have a friend with a reasonably successful podcast.   
bchabek View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bchabek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 10:21am
That’s really cool. Well done!!!
Kris View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 1:18am
Thanks!!
Originally posted by Zelda Zelda wrote:

Wow!! Great job!! Clap
< x="0" y="0" width="99999" height="99999" id="hc_extension_off">< x="0" y="0" width="99999" height="99999" id="hc_extension_highcontrast">< x="0" y="0" width="99999" height="99999" id="hc_extension_highcontrast_back">< x="0" y="0" width="99999" height="99999" id="hc_extension_grayscale">< x="0" y="0" width="99999" height="99999" id="hc_extension_grayscale_back">< x="0" y="0" width="99999" height="99999" id="hc_extension_invert">< x="0" y="0" width="99999" height="99999" id="hc_extension_invert_back">< x="0" y="0" width="99999" height="99999" id="hc_extension_invert_grayscale">< x="0" y="0" width="99999" height="99999" id="hc_extension_yellow_on_black">< x="0" y="0" width="99999" height="99999" id="hc_extension_yellow_on_black_back">
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2018 at 9:54pm
Wow!! Great job!! Clap
< x="0" y="0" width="99999" height="99999" id="hc_extension_off">< x="0" y="0" width="99999" height="99999" id="hc_extension_highcontrast">< x="0" y="0" width="99999" height="99999" id="hc_extension_highcontrast_back">< x="0" y="0" width="99999" height="99999" id="hc_extension_grayscale">< x="0" y="0" width="99999" height="99999" id="hc_extension_grayscale_back">< x="0" y="0" width="99999" height="99999" id="hc_extension_invert">< x="0" y="0" width="99999" height="99999" id="hc_extension_invert_back">< x="0" y="0" width="99999" height="99999" id="hc_extension_invert_grayscale">< x="0" y="0" width="99999" height="99999" id="hc_extension_yellow_on_black">< x="0" y="0" width="99999" height="99999" id="hc_extension_yellow_on_black_back">
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>