NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Everything Else
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DISCORD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zblugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DISCORD
    Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 5:42pm
No, not the bad kind.

I mean to talk about the software, and more specifically, getting us NYCMers on it. I was on my car ride home, thinking about how it'd be cool to shoot the proverbial poop with fellow masochists wordslaves writers. So there it is. 

https://discordapp.com/ <-- It's available to download for free here (I do not work for Discord or anything like that. I just happen to use and like it.)

I find it's a pretty good voice chat program, and I'm pretty sure most online gamers here will already have tried it out. 

And yeah.

Once you've installed the software, this should bring you to  a room for us, only for us with the link: https://discord.gg/NGpHPfZ (It should work, as I've made it permanent. And in CASE it doesn't, add me as a friend, still Zblugg on there, and I'll manage to invite you.) 

In hope this garners SOME interest and gets us lone wolves howling together, sincerely, with maple syrup on top, eh,

Zblugg

thesaura73 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote thesaura73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2018 at 10:18am
I am on Discord for Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp because I am such a hardcore gamer! LOL Feel like I probably used Thesaura73 for my username, as I try to use it for most stuff, but maybe not
SC R1 - Hothouse Flowers (Mystery)
SS Ch1 - A Curated Experience (Suspense)
beckyrcollins View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote beckyrcollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2018 at 9:51am
Just seen this lurking around the site. I'm on Discord for gaming, will add you guys later :)
Zblugg View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Zblugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2018 at 9:55am
And Hell, depending on your gaming tendencies, we might get more than we thought out of this! ;)
Zblugg View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zblugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2018 at 9:56am
(Just so we're on the same page, here: what I meant is "Depending on what games you play, we might find gaming buddies in this whole thing." Whew. Glad I cleared that up!)
thesaura73 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote thesaura73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2018 at 10:23am
Forgot my username is AC:PC centric— Kim FC 5002-1084-371
SC R1 - Hothouse Flowers (Mystery)
SS Ch1 - A Curated Experience (Suspense)
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beckyrcollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2018 at 10:33am
Originally posted by Zblugg Zblugg wrote:

(Just so we're on the same page, here: what I meant is "Depending on what games you play, we might find gaming buddies in this whole thing." Whew. Glad I cleared that up!)

When the wink emoji is too suggestive LOL 

YES to gaming buddies. Always yes. I have lots of shiny new games I've still not gotten into because when I get time to play I keep going back to Don't Starve Together and Skyrim...
Zblugg View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zblugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2018 at 10:47am
Originally posted by beckyrcollins beckyrcollins wrote:

When the wink emoji is too suggestive LOL 

YES to gaming buddies. Always yes. I have lots of shiny new games I've still not gotten into because when I get time to play I keep going back to Don't Starve Together and Skyrim...

I feel ya. I actually managed to stop buying games (except for the monthly Humble Bundle, because of course). All I actually do is play Civilizations VI, now, and they JUST announced that Canada was going to be in the next expansion, so it looks like 2019 won't be the year I play something else... 

(PUBG and Overwatch are super lonely, these days, and I kind of want to get some Diablo into me again...)

Also my daughter is pressuring me to get back into Don't Starve Together. This can only be bad.
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beckyrcollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2018 at 11:33am
Originally posted by Zblugg Zblugg wrote:

I feel ya. I actually managed to stop buying games (except for the monthly Humble Bundle, because of course). All I actually do is play Civilizations VI, now, and they JUST announced that Canada was going to be in the next expansion, so it looks like 2019 won't be the year I play something else... 

(PUBG and Overwatch are super lonely, these days, and I kind of want to get some Diablo into me again...)

Also my daughter is pressuring me to get back into Don't Starve Together. This can only be bad.

Civ, Overwatch (PS4?) and Don't Starve Together it is. 

A very merry Christmas to you Sir!
 Post Reply Post Reply