NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anthology Submissions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talespinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 3:56am
Some say that an entrepreneur is someone who jumps off a cliff without a parachute, confident that one will turn up before it's needed. I think Tracy will find several uplifting parachutes lurking in the NYCM forums. I'm busy with my own projects and have little time to spare, but having read slush at Flash Fiction Online I could offer to do a little slush reading here, or maybe contribute to the editorial panel. And should my story be accepted, I'd be delighted to reformat it if necessary, and if not as onerous as some pro markets demand. 
Ch3 NC story SF/hospice/armband
Ending; Happy?
T.E. Bradford View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote T.E. Bradford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 10:00am
Originally posted by Talespinner Talespinner wrote:

Some say that an entrepreneur is someone who jumps off a cliff without a parachute, confident that one will turn up before it's needed. I think Tracy will find several uplifting parachutes lurking in the NYCM forums. I'm busy with my own projects and have little time to spare, but having read slush at Flash Fiction Online I could offer to do a little slush reading here, or maybe contribute to the editorial panel. And should my story be accepted, I'd be delighted to reformat it if necessary, and if not as onerous as some pro markets demand. 

Thank you! I'll be sure to add you to my list of parachutes. ;-)
fioOxf View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote fioOxf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2018 at 9:07am
I'm just bumping this up, as it took me a bit to find it, and I was hoping there were more days to go until the deadline :)  These are The Days of Cooking, so really hope to find time!!!

Merry Christmas / Festive Season, by the way.
Lookit There View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lookit There Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2018 at 3:31pm
And...submitted!
I thought it was discussed somewhere that stories didn't have to be from the 2018 competition...? Can't seem to find that mentioned now that I'm looking for it. 
Anyway, my story is from 2017 - I assume the "rule" is that they must be written for the NYCM FFC, but regardless of year...? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Thanks,
Lin
lisafox10800 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisafox10800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2018 at 4:38pm
How might we go about submitting again?
lisafoxiswriting.com
My short story collection, Core Truths, is now available wherever books are sold.
Lookit There View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lookit There Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2018 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by lisafox10800 lisafox10800 wrote:

How might we go about submitting again?
See the first post - instructions are in the second line. 
chrissie0707 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrissie0707 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2018 at 6:17pm
So happy this got bumped! Are we only allowed to submit one story?
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T.E. Bradford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by chrissie0707 chrissie0707 wrote:

So happy this got bumped! Are we only allowed to submit one story?

I don't see any reason to restrict the number of submissions to just one story.
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T.E. Bradford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by T.E. Bradford T.E. Bradford wrote:

Let's get this dang party started! Tongue

If you're interested in being included in the FLASH OF BRILLIANCE anthology, send your FFS from Rounds 1 or 2 as a Word doc to:  submissions@tebradford.com

New word limit is 1500, so all those notes about expanding on this or that can be handled! Let's use all the same general guidelines as the original contest entry, just to keep things easy and clean.

I will be collecting and giving stories out to our "judges" who will recommend based on:
A) Ready for publication right now
B) Great, but needs a little more work
C) Not quite ready

I'll try to have at least 2-3 people read each submission to be sure we're being fair, and I'll also try to look them all over myself as well. Then we'll reach out to everyone to let them know results. Since we're all writers, I'm very hopeful we'll have some excellent recommendations.

Submissions open through 12-31-2018!!!

Be sure to shout this out to the other authors who might not have seen the other topic thread yet! Good luck everyone! Again!!!  Big smile

Hey everyone! :)
We're fast approaching submission deadline, so be sure to get those submissions in! There will be some time for possible edits during the publication process, so if you're short on time submit your piece as it was entered for the flash contest originally. Don't wait - get those submissions rolling!

I will try to pop in a few times over the next couple of days to answer any questions.
Tim G View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tim G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 12:07pm
I'm just tweaking Sir Simon based on the feedback I got on these very forums. You'll have him on time.
TG
Rhyming Story R2: Flying On Empty (Thriller)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>