NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Published Authors

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>
Poll Question: Are you a published author?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
68 [49.64%]
69 [50.36%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by milesmum milesmum wrote:

I have been publishing my work since the early '80s. All short fiction, flash, poems, and essays. Probably the best known journal was Narrative, but there are others I am proud of. Once, many years ago, a judge here said s/he would fight hard for a story of mine if it crossed their desk at a particular journal, so I sent it to them, and they bought it. For money even!

Hey- I'm in Narrative as well! I think we swapped stories for beta at some point last year (could be wrong... I at least read yours!) but I didn't know we had this in common :-)
ABC View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 1:33pm
Wow, impressive publications! Congratulations, everyone!
I've had a few as well, but most of my time is spent on this novel I'm trying to finish. Here are mine.
Sephira View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sephira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 9:31pm
I published my first novel in August of last year. It's a historical fiction/historical romance set in during the Civil War. I also have a collection of poetry that is out as well. I'm working on a fantasy book now, though it will probably be a while before it's ready for public consumption. 
Thesula View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thesula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 9:58pm
I participated in the short story contest back in 2017, and it was an incredible experience! I had both my short stories from SSC 17 published last year, along with another five short stories. 

I wanted to participate in the short story contest last year, but I had my first ever conference presentation smack dab in the middle of Round 1. I'm excited to be back! 

I mostly write speculative fiction (horror, fantasy, soft sci fi) and mystery, so of course I got romantic comedy this round! LOL Joke's on them, because I secretly love rom coms!
SSC 2019 R1 Romantic Comedy Manhattan Syndrome
SSC 2017 R2 Historical Fiction The Debt
KevinC View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KevinC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2019 at 10:09am
Originally posted by Jhill Jhill wrote:

Originally posted by KevinC KevinC wrote:

Hello all,

I'm new to the forums and a first time NYC Midnight contestant. (-: Looking forward to it. I am published. I have 6 novels published and a 7th coming out soon. All with small publishers. My most recent is a young adult novel called Pride Must Be A Place.

Can't wait for tomorrow's email!

Kevin

Sounds great. Do you have a website, or links to the novels? And welcome to the forum!

Thanks! (-: Yep. My website is www.ktcraig.com and my novels can be found at Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Kevin-Craig/e/B005AO83T6/

How about you?
KevinC View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KevinC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2019 at 10:11am

I've been trying to read all the stories posted in this thread. I love seeing stories by forumites, especially if I recognize the piece. I always try to 'like' or leave a comment, if possible.

I haven't had any luck with my contest stories (yet), but I have had a few things published this year. I'm most excited about a micro story that ran in Daily Science Fiction a few days ago: Jesus Machine.

I also had a micro story in Dead Housekeeping recently: How to Feed the Yellow Cat

Love the Yellow Cat story!
lgeverdell View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lgeverdell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2019 at 11:15am
Fantastic Books Publishing took in a weird little story of mine for one of their competition anthologies - feminist fables. The sales give a charitable donation to Global Fund for Women. 

It’s called The Dummies Guide To Serial Killing. I think you can still buy it on amazon:  https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/191205387X/ref=tmm_pap_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=&sr= 
Jhill View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by KevinC KevinC wrote:

I've been trying to read all the stories posted in this thread. I love seeing stories by forumites, especially if I recognize the piece. I always try to 'like' or leave a comment, if possible.

I haven't had any luck with my contest stories (yet), but I have had a few things published this year. I'm most excited about a micro story that ran in Daily Science Fiction a few days ago: Jesus Machine.

I also had a micro story in Dead Housekeeping recently: How to Feed the Yellow Cat

Love the Yellow Cat story!

Thank you, KevinC! I was so excited when they took the story, and used the photo of my grandparents. :)
Lnnovak11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lnnovak11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 2:11pm
This is my first time writing for fun. Ever. I haven't written anything that wasn't a speech or an email in my adult life, and I actually have no desire to be published. #contrarian
SJJack View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SJJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 10:42pm
Hi, I have two books published and I am looking at having two more published by the end of the year. This is my second attempt in the short story challenge. 
Only my characters truly know what's happening—I just hold pen. H145 A Matter of the Heart
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>