NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Published Authors

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>
Poll Question: Are you a published author?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
68 [49.64%]
69 [50.36%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 8:31pm
Thank you!!!! Yay for pretty, invisible balloons!! LOL
< x="0" y="0" width="99999" height="99999" id="hc_extension_off">< x="0" y="0" width="99999" height="99999" id="hc_extension_highcontrast">< x="0" y="0" width="99999" height="99999" id="hc_extension_highcontrast_back">< x="0" y="0" width="99999" height="99999" id="hc_extension_grayscale">< x="0" y="0" width="99999" height="99999" id="hc_extension_grayscale_back">< x="0" y="0" width="99999" height="99999" id="hc_extension_invert">< x="0" y="0" width="99999" height="99999" id="hc_extension_invert_back">< x="0" y="0" width="99999" height="99999" id="hc_extension_invert_grayscale">< x="0" y="0" width="99999" height="99999" id="hc_extension_yellow_on_black">< x="0" y="0" width="99999" height="99999" id="hc_extension_yellow_on_black_back">
scriber View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scriber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 2:05pm
Congrats Zelda! 

I was super fortunate to be a staff writer for a start-up arts and entertainment magazine out of high school. My favourite article was my feature on Lara Jacobs (the Balance Goddess of Cirque du Soilei). It really helped my writing mature, but it was hard getting back into the creative writing style after. 

Best of luck to everyone on the (often exhausting) path to getting published! 

Edited by scriber - 10 Dec 2018 at 2:07pm
Jhill View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 1:08pm
I've been trying to read all the stories posted in this thread. I love seeing stories by forumites, especially if I recognize the piece. I always try to 'like' or leave a comment, if possible.

I haven't had any luck with my contest stories (yet), but I have had a few things published this year. I'm most excited about a micro story that ran in Daily Science Fiction a few days ago: Jesus Machine.

I also had a micro story in Dead Housekeeping recently: How to Feed the Yellow Cat
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 1:56pm
Thumbs Up Congrats!! That's great!! (They have a magazine called Dead Housekeeping? Sold.)

I've submitted a story to a local literary annual publication! I'll keep you guys posted if it gets accepted, which I should find out pretty soon. I've never had any stories published anywhere, so it would be a thrill. 

By the way, I wanted to post this somewhere so I'll just add it on here: GOOD LUCK to everyone in the final round of flash fiction!! Woo hoo!! YAY!! I'm so excited!! You all rock!! 
< x="0" y="0" width="99999" height="99999" id="hc_extension_off">< x="0" y="0" width="99999" height="99999" id="hc_extension_highcontrast">< x="0" y="0" width="99999" height="99999" id="hc_extension_highcontrast_back">< x="0" y="0" width="99999" height="99999" id="hc_extension_grayscale">< x="0" y="0" width="99999" height="99999" id="hc_extension_grayscale_back">< x="0" y="0" width="99999" height="99999" id="hc_extension_invert">< x="0" y="0" width="99999" height="99999" id="hc_extension_invert_back">< x="0" y="0" width="99999" height="99999" id="hc_extension_invert_grayscale">< x="0" y="0" width="99999" height="99999" id="hc_extension_yellow_on_black">< x="0" y="0" width="99999" height="99999" id="hc_extension_yellow_on_black_back">
Jhill View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by Zelda Zelda wrote:

Thumbs Up Congrats!! That's great!! (They have a magazine called Dead Housekeeping? Sold.)

I've submitted a story to a local literary annual publication! I'll keep you guys posted if it gets accepted, which I should find out pretty soon. I've never had any stories published anywhere, so it would be a thrill. 

By the way, I wanted to post this somewhere so I'll just add it on here: GOOD LUCK to everyone in the final round of flash fiction!! Woo hoo!! YAY!! I'm so excited!! You all rock!!

Good luck with the lit pub!
Andrea View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by Jhill Jhill wrote:

I've been trying to read all the stories posted in this thread. I love seeing stories by forumites, especially if I recognize the piece. I always try to 'like' or leave a comment, if possible.

I haven't had any luck with my contest stories (yet), but I have had a few things published this year. I'm most excited about a micro story that ran in Daily Science Fiction a few days ago: Jesus Machine.

I also had a micro story in Dead Housekeeping recently: How to Feed the Yellow Cat

Congratulations, and I love both these stories. I've enjoyed reading more of Daily Science Fiction's pieces this year. They really seem to be more daring in their pieces than they used to be. I'd gotten a little tired of some of their fantasy serial bits. Thanks for sharing your successes. They were fun reads.  

Jhill View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by Andrea Andrea wrote:

Originally posted by Jhill Jhill wrote:

Congratulations, and I love both these stories. I've enjoyed reading more of Daily Science Fiction's pieces this year. They really seem to be more daring in their pieces than they used to be. I'd gotten a little tired of some of their fantasy serial bits. Thanks for sharing your successes. They were fun reads.  

Thank you! I appreciate your kind words. I agree about DSF. I enjoy most of their stories.
Cosima View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cosima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 1:16am
I'm primarily a playwright, and publishing isn't really my focus (getting produced is). But I've had two short plays published in anthologies and one in a literary magazine. Just finished the first draft of a novel, and hoping to get that published one day too (*crosses fingers*).
SSC 2021 R2: Complex Fracture
SSC 2021 R1: Before Her Time 2nd
sootfoot5 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sootfoot5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 1:44am
Originally posted by Cosima Cosima wrote:

I'm primarily a playwright, and publishing isn't really my focus (getting produced is). But I've had two short plays published in anthologies and one in a literary magazine. Just finished the first draft of a novel, and hoping to get that published one day too (*crosses fingers*).

good for you!  Congrats!  (aren't some balloons supposed to be soaring up about now???)
sootfoot5 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sootfoot5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 1:59am
I wasn't going to bring this up, but then I thought about it decided it might help people who want to know if these SSC stories are publishable.   I recently had one of my SSC stories from a few years back accepted for publication.  I had worked on it since then, of course, after letting it perk for a while so that I could go back to it fresh.  It is with Two Sisters Writing and Publishing. 

They have changed the format of what they are looking for this year, but if you want to read my story, you can find it from the link below, and then you can check them out by clicking on their smiling faces in the upper left corner. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>