NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone else writing from the hurricane cone?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schrifty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 3:00pm
Stay safe!  I'm in the Charlotte area so we're prepping for floods and power outages, but we should be good for most of it.  I know I'm going to try to get my piece in early just in case the power blows sometime on Sunday when we really start to get it...
RebRas View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RebRas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 4:27pm

I've successfully evacuated to Raleigh with two miniature dachshunds, a golden retriever, in 14 week old baby chicks! I know Raleigh isn't the best place to be, but much better than the coast. The place of evacuated to doesn't have Wi-Fi and we might lose power, so I'm planning to write round 2 on paper and type it out and submit it on my phone. Fun times Confused
Vernacula View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vernacula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by RebRas RebRas wrote:

I've successfully evacuated to Raleigh with two miniature dachshunds, a golden retriever, in 14 week old baby chicks! I know Raleigh isn't the best place to be, but much better than the coast. The place of evacuated to doesn't have Wi-Fi and we might lose power, so I'm planning to write round 2 on paper and type it out and submit it on my phone. Fun times Confused

If you can get it to me, I'll type it and submit it for you. Just another option. Stay safe! The Carolinas are my dream place. Never been, but am planning a visit now to help with tourist dollars after this.

Good writing! :-)
sootfoot5 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sootfoot5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 4:40am

LOL! It's hard to know what to do. I'm in New Bern North Carolina (you've probably seen us on national news--we're finally famous!). Fortunately, it's looking like the storm is going to hit farther south than we thought, which is going to lessen the effects for us, but it's still a serious storm .

I just saw that the flooding in New Bern is horrendous and that 150 people are needing to get rescued from rising flood waters. 

I hope you are not one of them and that you are safe. 🙏
RebRas View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RebRas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 9:46am
Originally posted by sootfoot5 sootfoot5 wrote:

LOL! It's hard to know what to do. I'm in New Bern North Carolina (you've probably seen us on national news--we're finally famous!). Fortunately, it's looking like the storm is going to hit farther south than we thought, which is going to lessen the effects for us, but it's still a serious storm .

I just saw that the flooding in New Bern is horrendous and that 150 people are needing to get rescued from rising flood waters. 

I'm safe! I evacuated to Raleigh yesterday afternoon, but am absolutely shell shocked. I don't even know what to think or feel. The good news is, I'm 80% certain that my house is still standing and if it did take out any water, it was minimal. 
sootfoot5 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sootfoot5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 10:16am

Originally posted by sootfoot5 sootfoot5 wrote:

I'm safe! I evacuated to Raleigh yesterday afternoon, but am absolutely shell shocked. I don't even know what to think or feel. The good news is, I'm 80% certain that my house is still standing and if it did take out any water, it was minimal. 

So long as you are safe it is all that matters. Besides, now you will have power for sure tonight- good luck! 
catrad View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 11:18am
RebRas- stay safe.  Hope your house is okay. 
rachelm View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 10:07pm
RebBas, I saw this post and was thinking of you while watching the storm coverage. I'm so sorry for the destruction in your town and hope your house really did make it through OK.
MF250 R1: To Deliver a Curse
MF 100 R2: Thirst
JingleBells View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JingleBells Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 10:17pm
Just spotted this thread.  I really hope everything has worked out well and you and your menagerie are all safe and sound.  This all sounds like a recipe for a great piece of writing when you have got on top of everything.  Will be looking out for your R2 submission.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123