NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Want to Join a Writing Group?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Collins50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Want to Join a Writing Group?
    Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 5:20pm
I love that we have this forum during our contest to sharpen our writing tools and make connections, but what about when the contest ends? What can spur you to write and keep social media from distracting you?

I would love to have you all join Write Around the Block, a Facebook forum for writers. As the admin, I can promise helpful critiques, comments, and relevant contest updates to help motivate you as well myself to keep writing!

Looking forward to continuing the conversation on Facebook!

Edited by Collins50 - 04 Aug 2018 at 11:02pm
RebRas View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RebRas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 5:30pm
I submitted a request to join. Thanks for setting this up!
Collins50 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Collins50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 6:03pm
Would love to have you in the group!!! :-) That’s what the group is for: Constructive Feedback and Encouragement! 
Collins50 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Collins50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 11:42pm
Really hoping that we can make this group grow overnight! All are welcome! :-) I used to put together newsletters, so if we can grow to a reasonable size, I can relaunch a monthly or quarterly newsletter that is written by members only to increase your writing platform and portfolio! 

Bottom line: this group will be here for YOU. 
Collins50 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Collins50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2018 at 9:50pm
Up to 18! Can we get a few more? We are starting some accountability partnerships and I am looking forward to the first year of dedicated writing and encouragement from a group who cares! Join in! ❤️💯
Paul.Ford View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Paul.Ford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 2:45pm
Just requested to join.  I have a novel self-published on Amazon and I'm working on book #2 in the series.  Always looking to exchange work/reviews for that kind of stuff as well :)
FFC 2018 CH1 GR4 The Last Mystic
FFC 2018 CH2 GR4 Passion
Collins50 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Collins50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 9:17pm
Up to 28! C'mon, we can add some more!
Collins50 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Collins50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 9:41am
Up to 33. If you are the fence, PM me and ask how the group can benefit you! :-) I will do my best to convince you! 
Jtowery View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jtowery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 10:44pm
I asked to join. Thanks for the invite!
lenka6 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lenka6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 11:55am
Ok. Submitted request to join. Thanks for starting this!

Edited by lenka6 - 10 Aug 2018 at 5:51pm
“Stories are light. Light is precious in a world so dark. Begin at the beginning. Tell Gregory a story. Make some light.”
― Kate DiCamillo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>