NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Results are in!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simply4orced Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 11:42am
I can't believe I made it in! 

Good thing I don't have to work for the next three days!

Good luck guys!
숨겨진 힘 찾고 있다
susiehunt View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susiehunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 4:08pm
Well that ruins my plans to spend a weekend on the beach...

Joking of course, thrilled to be moving forward! Congrats to everyone else who is too -- see you in the next round ;) 
SWC 2018 R1 H44 The Great Kopycinski (Historical Fiction, 1st)
SWC 2018 R2 H1 Deep Thought (Thriller)
Tim G View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by susiehunt susiehunt wrote:

Well that ruins my plans to spend a weekend on the beach...

Joking of course, thrilled to be moving forward! Congrats to everyone else who is too -- see you in the next round ;) 

Awesome! And don't be in my group please.
Rhyming Story R2: Flying On Empty (Thriller)
Scarlet Screenwriter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarlet Screenwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 8:58pm

Phuck your Honourable Mention, NYCMMM!  Why bother?  Sixth Place is as good as nothing ... It just makes me feel worse ...

They seek him here, they seek him there, those damned writers seek him everywhere.
Is he in heaven or is he in hell, that damned elusive Scarlet Screenwriter! (Oh, phuck, that doesn't even rhyme!)
TamDWil View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TamDWil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by Scarlet Screenwriter Scarlet Screenwriter wrote:

Phuck your Honourable Mention, NYCMMM!  Why bother?  Sixth Place is as good as nothing ... It just makes me feel worse ...

I'm sorry you didn't get in. It does suck to see how close you were and still not -get- there, but TBT that sounds better than not knowing where in the lump of NOPES you placed. 

At least with the HM, you had a fighting chance with the top five it was just something minor that put another script over yours. 
2018 Screenplay- R1: Shell Game
2019 250 wrd fic - R1: Clay Rose First round HM
roccapia View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roccapia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 5:50pm
I didn't place at all. And I almost agree that I'd rather have that in a way than a HM. Means I wasn't even close :P

This was my first screenplay ever, and I didn't expect to advance. One judge tore my piece up, and while it was brutal, I was frankly glad to get the criticism because I know nothing about screenplay writing (or not much). The judge didn't like my dialogue at all. I'm great at dialogue in a short story, but I can see where it wasn't so great here. I wonder if it would help for me to write the screenplay in short story form first. Anyone done that?

I had fun, so I'll probably be back for the next screenplay competition to see what kind of abuse the judges can throw my way :P
Vernacula View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vernacula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by roccapia roccapia wrote:

I wonder if it would help for me to write the screenplay in short story form first. Anyone done that?

If I can't make my idea work in screenplay format, I'm definitely going to write it as a short story and possibly even a novel.
Tim G View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by Vernacula Vernacula wrote:

If I can't make my idea work in screenplay format, I'm definitely going to write it as a short story and possibly even a novel.

OK groupmate, that's making me nervous.
Rhyming Story R2: Flying On Empty (Thriller)
Vernacula View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vernacula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by Tim G Tim G wrote:

Just because I like it doesn't mean it's actually good or that I can execute. LOL
stephenmatlock View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephenmatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by Tim G Tim G wrote:

Swear to god I thought for a moment that both you and Vernacula were in my group, and I felt the literal ice in my stomach of oh my god I am lost.

I really need to step away from the computer for a while and go work in my yard. I have two trees to cut down. (15') They are no match for me and my razor-sharp wit and my somewhat-sharpened saw.
Pithy sayings are for the apt. For a longer message, you need a condo.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>