NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Results Tonight, huh?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Zblugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Results Tonight, huh?
    Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 9:05am
So I guess it's no sleep, then?

Can't wait.

(As a sidenote, I'm really sorry I couldn't give back to all those who reviewed my R1 piece. Time hasn't been kind to me this time around. Might get in one or two reviews over lunch, mind you.)

Best of luck everyone!
BeckyG515 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeckyG515 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 9:18am
Originally posted by Zblugg Zblugg wrote:

Can't wait.

(As a sidenote, I'm really sorry I couldn't give back to all those who reviewed my R1 piece. Time hasn't been kind to me this time around. Might get in one or two reviews over lunch, mind you.)

Best of luck everyone!

I'm so nervous. I know that my chances are low, even though I also have the part of me that's unreasonable confident even though I should not be. Call it wishful confidence. Anyone else have a battle in their head like this or is it just me? 
I also regret that I had so many screenplays I wanted to read but just didn't find the time. Of the ones I did read there were some really great standout stories. Good luck to everyone! Tongue
ali815 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ali815 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 10:00am
Originally posted by BeckyG515 BeckyG515 wrote:

Can't wait.

Best of luck everyone!

I'm so nervous. I know that my chances are low, even though I also have the part of me that's unreasonable confident even though I should not be. Call it wishful confidence. Anyone else have a battle in their head like this or is it just me? 
I also regret that I had so many screenplays I wanted to read but just didn't find the time. Of the ones I did read there were some really great standout stories. Good luck to everyone! Tongue

Oh god, big time. I haven't even read over my script since I wrote it--kind of a disaster--but something inside me is like "nah man you're totally gonna eke through." Partly because of my category, I think.
Joni View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 10:04am

Can't wait.

Best of luck everyone!

Yes! This my third time in these comps and the first time I feel like I have a slight hope of maybe making it through. But there were only 2 others in my group that posted their screenplays (and both were good), so there could also easily be 3 more good ones in the group - probably way more than that.... So my hopes aren't high, but they're still there, and I just want to know and be done with it lol.
callmedeb View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote callmedeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 10:11am
I just want to know what my weekend plans are, lol. What do you think the chances are they release them early? I'm obsessively refreshing my email...

And there's always the judge's feedback in a couple days, always fun reading.

Best of luck to us all, may the odds be ever in our favour. 

Deb
R1H78 - THE CHILDREN OF LIR
Writing is easy. You just open a vein and bleed.
BeckyG515 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeckyG515 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 10:12am
Originally posted by ali815 ali815 wrote:

Can't wait.

Best of luck everyone!

Oh god, big time. I haven't even read over my script since I wrote it--kind of a disaster--but something inside me is like "nah man you're totally gonna eke through." Partly because of my category, I think.

Smile Glad I'm not alone. Best of luck Wink
BeckyG515 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeckyG515 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 10:17am
Originally posted by Joni Joni wrote:

Can't wait.

Best of luck everyone!

Yes! This my third time in these comps and the first time I feel like I have a slight hope of maybe making it through. But there were only 2 others in my group that posted their screenplays (and both were good), so there could also easily be 3 more good ones in the group - probably way more than that.... So my hopes aren't high, but they're still there, and I just want to know and be done with it lol.

You already know how I feel about yours Wink still my favorite! 
stephenmatlock View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephenmatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 10:54am
I have no idea how they judge these things. I'm expecting a washout because I still don't know how to write a screenplay.

BUT I had a lot of fun with the prompt, and if I can find the funds, I may start entering other short screenplay competitions. 

I was talking with a friend last night (a REAL FRIEND; I don't just make up these things!) & said that what I appreciate the most is having a prompt that is completely novel. I don't know the genre, theme, or object until the contest begins, and then I have to come up with a creative & compelling narrative.

Sometimes it works, and sometimes I stare blankly at the screen and go "wut?" for hours. 

But it's always a challenge.
Pithy sayings are for the apt. For a longer message, you need a condo.

Zblugg View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zblugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 10:57am
Originally posted by Joni Joni wrote:

Don't lose sleep over this. Chocolate was awesome.
Joni View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 11:07am
Embarrassed thanks zblugg and Becky! I've definitely seen some of my favorites on here get left behind before, though. It's so hard to know what to expect without being privvy to seeing all the competition.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>