NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Final Round Strategy?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JESimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 5:45pm
I'm on NYC time, so I stayed up to get the prompt. (Like Meggles, I prefer to sleep with something like a seed already planted in my head.) Had a complication getting the prompt, though, and finally found it on FB at 1AM. Stayed up another hour brainstorming various plots, none of which I ultimately used. Woke up at 7 and just hit it. I took a few short breaks during the day, and a longer one around 8 PM to eat dinner and chat with The Missus. At 10 I got back to it, and submitted (I think) around 11:50.

Re: the open genre... This is my first NYCM contest so I wasn't sure what to expect. Pre-Round 1, I was more freaked out by the idea of REQUIRED genres. But in R3, the altruism subject completely flummoxed me. As someone else said, I didn't want to write to the "expected" genre for a subject like that. But in the end, I just followed the story so to speak. As I've said elsewhere, I'm just glad we weren't required to name the genre we'd supposedly chosen!
My Round 2 Story: Closure
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12