FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Submission Happy Dance

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
NYCNewbie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NYCNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Submission Happy Dance
    Posted: 21 May 2018 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by JustinSiebert JustinSiebert wrote:

Anybody know when we find out the final results? 

20th June Justin

P x

Nikki View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 9:37pm
11:59PM EDT on June 20, 2018

(copy & pasted from the official rules)

:)
Meggles View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 9:30pm
My guess is the beginning of July.
FF 2021: C1
JustinSiebert View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustinSiebert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 9:02pm
Anybody know when we find out the final results? 
angelagilbert View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelagilbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 8:03pm
It's so true that it's great to have this community here.  Nobody else gets it.  My husband sort of does because he saw me and was fabulous enough to let me slave him around so I could do my thing.  But today everyone was asking, "Fun little day of writing yesterday?" and I wanted to throw up.  It's so weird- you can't get it until you've been in it.  

But, dozens of characters who didn't used to exist are now alive and well (or in the case of my character, not so well), but we made them and they're our babies and we can be proud that we did that.  

But man- I need a weekend from my weekend for sure.  Work tomorrow?  What??
chrissie0707 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrissie0707 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by Dani0107 Dani0107 wrote:

This thread is awesome. Well done everyone. I thought I'd had a busy weekend (I was signed up for my first 10k race today and I have another deadline tonight) but then I read about you all submitting with your kids around you, or whilst thinking about adopting, or on the other thread when someone said they were getting married!! Bowled over! 

Agreed, and for everyone. Really humbling, since all I did was lock myself in my office all day and took one phone call from work that I was able to pawn off immediately onto someone else. You guys are rockstars.
Dani0107 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dani0107 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 3:21pm
This thread is awesome. Well done everyone. I thought I'd had a busy weekend (I was signed up for my first 10k race today and I have another deadline tonight) but then I read about you all submitting with your kids around you, or whilst thinking about adopting, or on the other thread when someone said they were getting married!! Bowled over! 

Edited by Dani0107 - 13 May 2018 at 3:21pm
NYCNewbie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NYCNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by td333777 td333777 wrote:

I might have had an easier time with the 24-hour deadline if I hadn’t gotten a phone call at mid-day.  The adoption agency (who we haven’t heard from in months) calls on the ONE DAY I need total focus to tell us “there’s a new-born in your area, and do you want to submit your info to the mother, and she wants to make her decision TODAY.”  It ended up not working out, but holy crap, for two hours, I was like “what writing contest?”  Then, after the decision was made, I had to shift back into writing mode.  Submitted four minutes before deadline and felt like it was one of the most stressful days of my life.

Ah Trey, so sorry. You'll be a fabulous Daddy xx

Paula x
td333777 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote td333777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 2:05pm
I might have had an easier time with the 24-hour deadline if I hadn’t gotten a phone call at mid-day.  The adoption agency (who we haven’t heard from in months) calls on the ONE DAY I need total focus to tell us “there’s a new-born in your area, and do you want to submit your info to the mother, and she wants to make her decision TODAY.”  It ended up not working out, but holy crap, for two hours, I was like “what writing contest?”  Then, after the decision was made, I had to shift back into writing mode.  Submitted four minutes before deadline and felt like it was one of the most stressful days of my life.
FF '17 - 1st, SSC '18 - 2nd, FF '20 - 7th
NYCNewbie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NYCNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by chrissie0707 chrissie0707 wrote:

It's really great to have this forum and community, and SOLIDARITY, because I've tried talking to friends and family, and husband, about what yesterday felt like, how completely mentally draining and unbelievably difficult it was - and NO ONE gets it. Today I have a really accomplished feeling. Haven't reread the story yet, maybe night. But feeling pretty good, all things considered.

I TOTALLY get that!

I am a single Mum and my 18 year old fed me black coffee last night as I struggled to stay awake until 5am and am hoping despite the 4 minute late upload that they will accept it. I did get a confirmation email and sent a back up, but at the time had no idea what I bloody submitted!!

Great community of folk here who have helped me grow so much since I started writing in January and as I have said in another post, I couldn't have done this without you as I have only got here because of you all: Standing on the shoulders of giants!

The beef bourgignon I threw into the slow cooker yesterday is still there and will be delicious for tea tonight!

Ooooooh has anyone else got the most MASSIVE headache today?! Crazy intensity or what?!

Paula x

Edited by NYCNewbie - 13 May 2018 at 1:15pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>