NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Final Round For Non-Finalists

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote PennyForThem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Final Round For Non-Finalists
    Posted: 11 May 2018 at 4:16am
I'll post prompts at 11:59 on 11 May for anyone who didn't make the 75 but wants to give themselves a 24 hour challenge. Stay tuned.
Lindzombie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lindzombie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 8:34am
I love this idea. Thank you!
One_likethewind View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote One_likethewind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 9:17am
I missed the deadline for submitting for Round 1 **sigh**
I was given a genre that had me down for the count until about an hour before the competition ended. I had done some character development but couldn't manage to drop them into a story line until it was too late. Any chance I can jump in here? Can't wait for FF to start again, I made it into Round 2 for the last FF.
One_likethewind
Briana Una View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Briana Una Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 12:54pm
This is awesome—thank you so much! I’m excited to give myself the work-out, and get something out of it!
PennyForThem View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PennyForThem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by One_likethewind One_likethewind wrote:

Any chance I can jump in here? 

Of course you can! I'm going all Robin Hood on this 'ere forum! Anyone can do it.
One_likethewind View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote One_likethewind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 9:59pm
Whoopie! Thank you. 😁
One_likethewind
Joni View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by PennyForThem PennyForThem wrote:

Originally posted by One_likethewind One_likethewind wrote:

Any chance I can jump in here? 

Of course you can! I'm going all Robin Hood on this 'ere forum! Anyone can do it.

Hey Penny, if you're going Robin Hood, can we even do it in screenplay format if we're wanting to squeeze some practice in? What the equivalent be in length I wonder?
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PennyForThem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 12:00am

·         - Open to anyone but particularly non-finalists from R1 or R2 SSC2018.

·        -  This is not a competition.

·        -  This is certainly not an NYC Midnight competition.

·         - No winner and no prizes are awarded.

·         - This is challenge for those seeking the thrill of the exercise. 

·         - You may or may not get feedback on what you write.

Prompts: A Eulogy – A Forest

Genre:  Open

Words:  1,500 max 

Deadline: 11:59 EDT on 12 May 2018

To submit

- Post your story in the “Short Story Challenge 2018 forum”. 

- Heading should include the words ‘R3 NON-FINALIST’ and then your story title (e.g. R3 NON-FINALIST Robin Hood)

- In your forum post include, an external link to your story, the prompts and be explicit that this has not been submitted into the NYC competition proper.

- DM ‘PennyForThem’ a link to your forum post.

- I will use the link to create a ‘master’ post, so that people choosing to be involved in this challenge can easily find other participants work.

- DM me if you have any questions and ENJOY!

Edited by PennyForThem - 12 May 2018 at 12:01am
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PennyForThem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 12:03am
Originally posted by Joni Joni wrote:

Hey Penny, if you're going Robin Hood, can we even do it in screenplay format if we're wanting to squeeze some practice in? What the equivalent be in length I wonder?

Sure. Why not say 6 pages. I think that's the length for the final round of screenplay?
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PennyForThem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 12:11am
Did anyone else do this?  

I got 700ish words in among Mothers Day and a Day of Mothering. It's pretty tortured and pathetic and I'm not inclined to post if no-one else took up the challenge!?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>