NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Feedback Forum Technical Problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashleerh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Feedback Forum Technical Problems
    Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 4:22pm
Hello, 
I greatly apologize to put this here if it belongs somewhere else, but I'm having problems with my story post in the Short Story Review Forum. First of all, a few people commented on my story yesterday, but I received no emails notifying me of the new posts. I had received emails for all the other posts before and double checked all the settings were correct. 

Today, I tried to respond to some of the comments, but the post is not appearing on the page. I tried three different times, once with a different browser, but still nothing. Maybe a server problem?

Any advice you can give would be much appreciated! Thank you!
Mumser View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mumser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 8:54pm
Hi ashleerh,
Sorry to hear this is happening. I know my notifications are set up so that I only get the first email notification on a subject, and not subsequent ones, but it looks like your problem goes deeper than that. You might try emailing NYC at feedback@nycmidnight.com - I did that regarding a problem I was having, and they emailed me back within a couple of days.

Good luck! Laila
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by ashleerh ashleerh wrote:

Hello, 
I greatly apologize to put this here if it belongs somewhere else, but I'm having problems with my story post in the Short Story Review Forum. First of all, a few people commented on my story yesterday, but I received no emails notifying me of the new posts. I had received emails for all the other posts before and double checked all the settings were correct. 

Today, I tried to respond to some of the comments, but the post is not appearing on the page. I tried three different times, once with a different browser, but still nothing. Maybe a server problem?

Any advice you can give would be much appreciated! Thank you!

Hi! I maintain the master list.  Everything is working for your post, I went to the master list and clicked on your story and it took me to your post, so everything is working fine.  I am wondering if you clicked on the wrong link in an email when someone replied to your post with feedback, the one that said you do not want to have anymore reminders on that subject?  If you want to keep getting the emails you have to click on the first link in the email.  Try finding the last email you received for your post and click on the first link in it and see if it goes to your story on the forum, then leave a message on the post so that it is refreshed.  that should work.  Suave Smile
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 9:13pm
I just went to the comments part of your forum post and the last three posts on it are from you, and they are all the same post.  I left a post to see if you get a email from the forum on it.  Suave Confused
ashleerh View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashleerh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 10:44am
Hi Suave,
Thank you for your help! I tried to do exactly as you suggested and went back to the last email and clicked again and again posted a reply. The weird thing is it posted in another screen (with the past ones for this) and it is not showing in the main screen for feedback for my story. I just attempted to reply to another separate comment, and it is still going to that alternate page. I'm not seeing either on my Topic screen for my story post. 

Maybe it's my browser (using Safari on a Mac)or need to empty my cash?
I will email the: feedback@nycmidnight.com as suggested to see if they can refresh or illuminate things.

Thanks again for your quick response and effort. Super appreciated.

Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 12:19pm
I just visited your post and there are two new comments from you on there, so you are able to post there.  Don't know what is happening.  I had some problems with a program that was running on mine that was clashing with something in the forum, The program "Grammarly" was causing a bunch of problems until I turned it off - it is a grammar and spelling program.  So maybe you have that kind of problem, try turning stuff off and see what happens.  But you seem to be able to post here no problem?  Suave Smile

Edited by Suave - 13 Apr 2018 at 12:20pm
 Post Reply Post Reply