NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2018 Screenwriting Challenge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NYCNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by steph9289 steph9289 wrote:

Anyone else drinking copious amounts of coffee in preparation for 11:59pm?!?!?!

Hey Steph!

It's 1.25am here in the UK and I was going to bed at 8pm, getting up at 4-5am to see the prompts and look at me now! Looked at my winter ravaged garden this evening and went out.....cleaned and painted 2 lots of decking, strimmed and did the first summer mow of the garden because I just would not be able to look at it all weekend like that.....so coffeeeeeeeeeee!

I'll be intravenously injecting it by tomorrow afternoon!
Paula x

Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 8:33pm
While waiting for the prompts I become ambitious so set my screen clock to New York time, 8:33 PM.
steph9289 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steph9289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by NYCNewbie NYCNewbie wrote:

Hey Steph!

It's 1.25am here in the UK and I was going to bed at 8pm, getting up at 4-5am to see the prompts and look at me now! Looked at my winter ravaged garden this evening and went out.....cleaned and painted 2 lots of decking, strimmed and did the first summer mow of the garden because I just would not be able to look at it all weekend like that.....so coffeeeeeeeeeee!

Paula x

Dang! Look at you go! I should actually be OFF the forums right now because I have 15 pages of my WIP (Miss White's Vivacious Voices!!) due today...and I definitely NEED to have them submitted before the prompts are released!

T-minus 3.5 hours!
7 pages to go!
That's 2 pages an hour!
Can't you tell the coffee has kicked in?!
#amrevising
NYCNewbie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NYCNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 8:41pm

Originally posted by NYCNewbie NYCNewbie wrote:

Hey Steph!

Paula x

Dang! Look at you go! I should actually be OFF the forums right now because I have 15 pages of my WIP (Miss White's Vivacious Voices!!) due today...and I definitely NEED to have them submitted before the prompts are released!

T-minus 3.5 hours!
7 pages to go!
That's 2 pages an hour!
Can't you tell the coffee has kicked in?!

Go girl! You can smash that out of the park!
The trouble with the forum is though...... it's like that scene from A Bug's Life.... "Don't look at the light!"
"I can't help it, it's so beautiful!"
A Bug's Life

Paula x

P.S. Really great you're developing your wonderful R1 piece!

Edited by NYCNewbie - 20 Apr 2018 at 8:44pm
NYCNewbie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NYCNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by Suave Suave wrote:

While waiting for the prompts I become ambitious so set my screen clock to New York time, 8:33 PM.

That's dedication man!
P.S. What's happened to your clothes Mr. Forum Emperor?

katefelix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote katefelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 9:28pm
I'm going to bed. Plan is to wake up delirious at midnight, read the prompts with half closed eyes (the liiiiiiight!), fall back to sleep, and the concept will form in a dream. It's definitely gonna work. Aaaaaaaand...LIGHTS OUT!
NYCNewbie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NYCNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by katefelix katefelix wrote:

I'm going to bed. Plan is to wake up delirious at midnight, read the prompts with half closed eyes (the liiiiiiight!), fall back to sleep, and the concept will form in a dream. It's definitely gonna work. Aaaaaaaand...LIGHTS OUT!

I agree....dreams are great.... often inspiration comes in a dream. Glad I'm not the only one who has that!

Sweet Dreams

Paula x
callmedeb View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote callmedeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by katefelix katefelix wrote:

This is my usual plan, lol. Although I haven’t done this contest for awhile (usually just do the short screenplay), having more than 48 hours seems a luxury

Best of luck all!

Deb
Joni View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 9:55pm

Does copious amounts of alcohol and taking wild guesses at assignment while irritating family nonstop count?
NYCNewbie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NYCNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 9:59pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>