NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Super Excited - finalist in a different contest
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Super Excited - finalist in a different contest

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 7:42am
Originally posted by J_Fox J_Fox wrote:

Awesome! Congrats! I take it you got to attend?

Yes, and it was the coolest experience seeing them portray the people I made up in my head. I think I'm hooked on that feeling.
lisafox10800 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lisafox10800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 9:40am
Yahoooo! Wonderful news, congratulations! ClapClapClap
lisafoxiswriting.com
My short story collection, Core Truths, is now available wherever books are sold.
J_Fox View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J_Fox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 9:41am
Originally posted by Joni Joni wrote:

Yes, and it was the coolest experience seeing them portray the people I made up in my head. I think I'm hooked on that feeling.

JeffreyHowe View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeffreyHowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 10:05am

Ultimately, it's why we do this, right? 
Joni View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 7:08pm

Oh. My. Gawd. I will never be able to look at David Hasselhoff the same again Shocked
Joni View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Joni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by JeffreyHowe JeffreyHowe wrote:

Ultimately, it's why we do this, right? 

YES! I was thinking about that today - the award was awesome, unexpected, and super cool. But the actors bringing MY characters to life and the audience *actually* laughing, like really laughing at every point they were supposed to, was the thing that makes me want to continue writing. 

Edited by Joni - 16 Apr 2018 at 7:25pm
stephenmatlock View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephenmatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 11:56pm

So... i wrote a short comedy for the KCWIFT competitiom, and just found out I'm a finalist!! There will be a live staged reading at the Kansas City Film Fest of all finalists in April, and I'm so shocked and unbelievably happy!

I've learned so much here, and a special HUGE thank you to Random and StephenMatlock for beta reading it for me! Thank y'all sooooo much!!!

Oh congrats! Very excited for you! I love it when we get a staged reading of our works--it makes it feel real, doesn't it?

Best of luck in the competition!
Pithy sayings are for the apt. For a longer message, you need a condo.

TamDWil View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TamDWil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 5:48pm
Congrats!!!! Clap
NYCNewbie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NYCNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 8:12pm

So... i wrote a short comedy for the KCWIFT competitiom, and just found out I'm a finalist!! There will be a live staged reading at the Kansas City Film Fest of all finalists in April, and I'm so shocked and unbelievably happy!

I've learned so much here, and a special HUGE thank you to Random and StephenMatlock for beta reading it for me! Thank y'all sooooo much!!!

Yay! Super congratulations. Awesome. Make sure you video it and post it for us to see!

P x

Edited by NYCNewbie - 20 Apr 2018 at 8:13pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123