NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Super Excited - finalist in a different contest
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Super Excited - finalist in a different contest

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Joni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Super Excited - finalist in a different contest
    Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 10:41pm
So... i wrote a short comedy for the KCWIFT competitiom, and just found out I'm a finalist!! There will be a live staged reading at the Kansas City Film Fest of all finalists in April, and I'm so shocked and unbelievably happy!

I've learned so much here, and a special HUGE thank you to Random and StephenMatlock for beta reading it for me! Thank y'all sooooo much!!!
lisafox10800 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisafox10800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by Joni Joni wrote:

So... i wrote a short comedy for the KCWIFT competitiom, and just found out I'm a finalist!! There will be a live staged reading at the Kansas City Film Fest of all finalists in April, and I'm so shocked and unbelievably happy!

I've learned so much here, and a special HUGE thank you to Random and StephenMatlock for beta reading it for me! Thank y'all sooooo much!!!

Congratulations! That's wonderful news!!! Clap
lisafoxiswriting.com
My short story collection, Core Truths, is now available wherever books are sold.
JeffreyHowe View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeffreyHowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 11:32pm
Woot! Clap

eta:

A good live reading is a blast--but pay more attention to the audience than the readers, especially in a comedy.

Edited by JeffreyHowe - 27 Feb 2018 at 11:38pm
Joni View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2018 at 12:30am
Originally posted by lisafox10800 lisafox10800 wrote:

Congratulations! That's wonderful news!!! Clap

Thanks, Lisa!!
Joni View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2018 at 12:33am
Originally posted by JeffreyHowe JeffreyHowe wrote:

Woot! Clap

eta:

A good live reading is a blast--but pay more attention to the audience than the readers, especially in a comedy.

Thanks! I am super nervous about it, hoping they at least laugh a little. Amd will definitely be paying attention for what does and/or doesn't seem to go over well with the audience. It's going to be a very strange and exciting experience.
J_Fox View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J_Fox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2018 at 8:44am
Sweet! I think that's the same contest I won a reading at in, ummm, 2004. (I actually thought it was longer ago than that!) It was the first short I'd written, and had originally been intended for Walmart to produce (I worked at their ad agency) and run on Tivo as a test of Tivo's new longer-form bonus content (which I think came and went fairly quickly). Walmart ended up pulling the plug on the project, so I took out brand references and submitted it. The live read was a blast! Just enjoy it. 

Are you from KC? That's where I grew up (Independence). We moved away in 2005.
Random View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2018 at 11:24am

That's really awesome news Joni!  Congratulations! 
This sig intentionally blank
Zblugg View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zblugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2018 at 11:38am

Is that the one that I asked you to send me, received, and ended up not reading??? 
Sorry again for not finding time to help you out on that, but it seems like you were in good hands either way! I'm glad it turned out well, Joni!  Clap

Gratz!
MissKeister View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissKeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2018 at 12:07pm
Oh my goodness, congratulations!!!!! Clap I bet having your work read aloud will feel amazing  :)
Joni View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2018 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by J_Fox J_Fox wrote:

Sweet! I think that's the same contest I won a reading at in, ummm, 2004. (I actually thought it was longer ago than that!) It was the first short I'd written, and had originally been intended for Walmart to produce (I worked at their ad agency) and run on Tivo as a test of Tivo's new longer-form bonus content (which I think came and went fairly quickly). Walmart ended up pulling the plug on the project, so I took out brand references and submitted it. The live read was a blast! Just enjoy it. 

Are you from KC? That's where I grew up (Independence). We moved away in 2005.

That's awesome! I've yet to go to the KC FilmFest, so I'm pretty excited about it. And yep, originally from Tx, but I've been in KC area for the better part of 15 years or so. I love the seasons here (actually having all 4 is enjoyable lol)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>