FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How the day starts!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Jhill View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How the day starts!
    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 12:51pm
OH my gosh, Suave, your IRL snake stories give me nightmares!

Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 10:00pm
Haha, have my security door back - nicely repainted and with new hinges. 

As the bubble wrap stuffed under the door did not work out so well, and as I never open it, I have duct taped around its edges.  Now, I can leave the back door open for the ventilation without worry, I hope.
bleustick View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bleustick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 6:36am
Agh. Snakes. I jump out of my skin and can't sleep if I think I hear a mouse. (And I have cats, who swiftly eat the occasional mouse that attempts refuge here. And I've even owned and loved rats before. I don't know why the thought of a tiny field mouse sneaking in bed with me wigs me out.) I love snakes, as do my reptile-loving kiddos, but I can't imagine dealing with your situation well Shocked. There are parts here in the States that scorpions are a bit of a nuisance, and I'm not crazy about that idea either.
FFC: 1 Candy-Coated (Pol-Sat) * 2 Love Beneath (Fantasy)
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 5:59am

Another snake in my house on boxing day! Only half the size of the other one. (see pic link below)A Copperhead Racer got in, has the same venom as a cobra but no fangs to inject it, if bitten you get swollen and red around the bite.

Funny how this happened - the next door neighbor started burning, again, so I started shutting windows on that side and the back door. When I went to close the back door it got hard to close so I looked at the door jam and there he was - just pure luck I got him. He was alive when I took him out as I did not want blood all over the place this time, but not much of a mover due to the crushed spine.

I decided to re-stuff the bottom of the door and tried opening the security, iron, door and it fell on the ground, lol, hinges rusted right through. So, now the door has been taken away to rebuild it and I have tape across the wooden door till I get everything squared away.

Snakes in the house really mess up your whole safe place thing.

Edited by Suave - 31 Dec 2018 at 9:50pm
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 11:49pm
Here is a link to a picture of what was left after my landlord took it out in my place - they usually don't kill them, but I guess the smaller ones are just too quick for the non snake catchers.

Edited by Suave - 10 Aug 2018 at 4:39am
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 11:40pm
Jhill View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 1:54pm
I would have died from panic. Glad you're not snake chow!
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 6:08am
Well, found a snake in my house!  Scared the sh*t outa me when I tried to close the door and something moved really fast and I saw the back end of a snake disappear into the corner behind a cabinet, it was not a real big one at all, but at the time....  It happened so fast I barely got out a little girl squeal, but did get a good jump happening.  Shut everything in the house and made sure it could not get out of the room and went for my Thai landlord who made short work of it and left the mess for me to clean up, though they did take the snake body with them. Just a tree snake, but still it was a shock.
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 11:40am
Originally posted by Dekay Dekay wrote:

I'm half Thai. My father is deathly afraid of snakes. I don't seem to share that fear. He freaked out and stomped a poor grass snake to death as if it could kill him. It was water snakes that scared him the most in Thailand.

Haha.  From what I have seen of the Thai people they almost never kill the snakes, though there was a cobra that got in a little girls bed not too long ago and bit her and she died.  The snake was still in the bed in the morning so the parents beat it to death - hard to blame them for that.
   I have had one meeting with a water snake, well at least a swimming snake.  I wandered up to the edge of a pond and one must have been hiding in the grass at my feet and it took off across the pond with its head sticking outa the water, scared me and it I think, lol - fair size too.
   On my motor bike touring I have come across many cobras on the roads and I always pull my feet up as high as I can when passing as they always slither with their heads a few inches off the ground when they see you coming and I have seen video of them taking strikes at people passing on scooters.

Edited by Suave - 27 Mar 2018 at 11:42am
Dekay View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 10:48pm
I'm half Thai. My father is deathly afraid of snakes. I don't seem to share that fear. He freaked out and stomped a poor grass snake to death as if it could kill him. It was water snakes that scared him the most in Thailand.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>