NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

waitwut Final Draft 10 discount Zbluggbot wow

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ottersdaughter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by Scarlet Screenwriter Scarlet Screenwriter wrote:

I think you can get an education discount, too.

You can indeed get an education discount; that's how I got mine!
FF#1: Made with Magic (Horror)

2017 ShSc HM
2016 FFC & ShSc Finalist
J_Fox View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J_Fox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 10:16am
I switched to Fade In after using FD 5 - 8. Haven't regretted it in the least. Granted, I think I got it for a lot less than the $90 it's currently listed at. But I also haven't had to pay for a single upgrade.
Zblugg View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zblugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by ottersdaughter ottersdaughter wrote:

I think you can get an education discount, too.

You can indeed get an education discount; that's how I got mine!

Your education, or your FD? LOL
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 5:09am
Was in the middle of my 30 day trial when they sent me a 30% off offer so I took it.  Happy I did so far.  It is nice to work in a friendly environment.  And, if as some have said, the industry standard is getting a little more relaxed, then I would think the costs of upgrades might also relax.
stephenmatlock View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stephenmatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 11:53am
I think I paid about $40 for Fade In, and I don't regret a single one of the dollars in lieu of publicity. (I tried that -- "Let me have it for free and I'll tell people I used Fade In!" Apparently that's been done before.)

I've used Writer Duet, and if I hadn't found Fade In, I'd still be using that. I tried another online software package (and I forget the name now), but I think it was written in Java and was very blotchy in how it operated:

ME: Let me try this.
SOFTWARE: I will let you try that, but now I will lock you out of your document because YOU SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THAT WAS NOT A PERMITTED FUNCTION.
ME: Can I undo this?
SOFTWARE: Reversions are in the next upgrade.
Pithy sayings are for the apt. For a longer message, you need a condo.

Scarlet Screenwriter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Scarlet Screenwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by Zblugg Zblugg wrote:

My only question would be thus: what does it do that, say, Celtx doesn't, and that would warrant me shelling out 125 Maple Pesos instead of keeping that money to get me a new wireless headset with a decent mic?

It does lots ... you can minutely kern the text to reach the magic 105 pages ... chart changes and "cussing" ... create character names .... I tried to use Celtx after years with FD and I was chasing my tail ...

Tell you what, Canuck ... you can download a full working version of FD10 and play with it to your heart's content ... you just can't save or print ... so it's a pretty good try before you buy ... If you decide to buy it, they just send you an activation, so you don't have to reload it! 

If you're a student or teacher, you can get a big discount, as well ...

They seek him here, they seek him there, those damned writers seek him everywhere.
Is he in heaven or is he in hell, that damned elusive Scarlet Screenwriter! (Oh, phuck, that doesn't even rhyme!)
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 8:40pm

[QUOTE=Zblugg]
Tell you what, Canuck ... you can download a full working version of FD10 and play with it to your heart's content ... you just can't save or print ... so it's a pretty good try before you buy ... If you decide to buy it, they just send you an activation, so you don't have to reload it! 

If you're a student or teacher, you can get a big discount, as well ...

I have no complaints with the FD10, works like they say it will.
thesaura73 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thesaura73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 11:42pm
I'm looking into getting actual screenplay software for the next comp...it sounds like it's vs. Fade In and Final Draft?
SC R1 - Hothouse Flowers (Mystery)
SS Ch1 - A Curated Experience (Suspense)
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by thesaura73 thesaura73 wrote:

I'm looking into getting actual screenplay software for the next comp...it sounds like it's vs. Fade In and Final Draft?

I am no expert, but I have tried both and like the FD.  You need to get the free trail of FD before they will send you a 30-50% off offer.  Try out the FI first and then the FD, that is what I did and then chose the FD.
Gandalf View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gandalf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 8:59am
Originally posted by thesaura73 thesaura73 wrote:

I'll pipe up with another voice in favor of Writer Duet, especially if you don't yet know if you will take to screenwriting. It's free to use for up to three projects (there are subscription versions available) and, as far as I can see, does everything FD does.

If you decide to switch to FD later, you can export all your WD scripts in FD format.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12