NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

waitwut Final Draft 10 discount Zbluggbot wow

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zblugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: waitwut Final Draft 10 discount Zbluggbot wow
    Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 10:15am
No, dammit I'm not a paid ad-bot. 

I think.

Essentially, I thought maybe people would enjoy grabbing this deal, with Final Draft 10 discounted at 125 buckaroos instead of twofitty.

Ya know. Moneyz.

Also, I hate the tagline they used just as much as you.

Edited by Zblugg - 23 Jan 2018 at 10:17am
Gandalf View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gandalf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 10:22am
*shrugs*

I'll just get my copy for free when I win this competition.
Zblugg View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zblugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 10:28am
Go get them, Dalfie! Beer
Scarlet Screenwriter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarlet Screenwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 11:08am

I've been using Final Draft since version 5 ... Early 90s? It is so intuitive, I just compose straight into it. I tried Movie Maker ... nah. I think you can get an education discount, too. It's a tremendous tool. They even have it for phone and tablet.

You can download a fully functioning version to suck it and see ... You just can't save or print. If you like it, just buy the activation key. They know they have a great product ...

BTW, is that price in Canadian dollars ... The 49th Parallel Peso ... or greenbacks?

Edited by Scarlet Screenwriter - 23 Jan 2018 at 11:11am
They seek him here, they seek him there, those damned writers seek him everywhere.
Is he in heaven or is he in hell, that damned elusive Scarlet Screenwriter! (Oh, phuck, that doesn't even rhyme!)
cheezopath View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheezopath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 12:07pm
have to agree, fd is well worth the money. Only time I've seen it trip up is when I did pages and pages of dual dialogue.
JeffreyHowe View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeffreyHowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by cheezopath cheezopath wrote:

have to agree, fd is well worth the money. Only time I've seen it trip up is when I did pages and pages of dual dialogue.

Yeah, it glitches on dual dialogue now and then. And you have to un-dual it before you export into something like Gorilla Scheduler. But I love Dual Dialogue for NYC, for obvious reasons.Big smile

Has any tried using the collaboration functionality in FD10? I'm antisocial so I don't know how well it works.
Zblugg View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zblugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 2:51pm
My only question would be thus: what does it do that, say, Celtx doesn't, and that would warrant me shelling out 125 Maple Pesos instead of keeping that money to get me a new wireless headset with a decent mic?

Edited by Zblugg - 23 Jan 2018 at 2:52pm
cheezopath View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheezopath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 6:44pm

Gandalf View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gandalf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 7:02pm
The first screenwriting software I ever used, about a decade ago, was Sophocles. Anyone remember that? It was free to use (at least initially), very good, with a clean interface. Had a small-but-dedicated following. Then, one day, it disappeared completely from the interwebs. The website vanished, product updates ceased, and the creator stopped responding to emails. A mystery. To this day, no one knows what happened.

I've used the desktop and online versions of Celtx, but very recently switched to WriterDuet (which is also free, with a paid version that offers more functionality). I like it a lot. I know some people are uncomfortable with the cloud-based  aspect, but you can save scripts locally, too. And, since my primary computer is a Chromebook, I don't have a lot of choice...
Random View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 9:08pm
I use FD10, sort of.  I've used it twice anyway; far, far away from being good at it.  Used to use emacs, but now I'm more of a vi guy.  If it weren't for this I'd have been completely (rather than mostly) lost when it comes to formatting.  Once you get the hang of it (SSC 2) you can switch the modes very quickly.

If you haben die geld, and the need, I'd recommend it.

Sorry...watching a German movie.  I should be watching Russian movies.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>