NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Prompt Game! - What would you have done?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thesaura73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prompt Game! - What would you have done?
    Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 9:19am
Inspired by the Scrapped Ideas thread and other comments elsewhere, curious what people would have done with prompts they weren't assigned! Could use the quote function to keep all ideas for a prompt in one thread to see the array of ideas. 

Anyone for Thriller / Electric car charging station / Surfboard? 
SC R1 - Hothouse Flowers (Mystery)
SS Ch1 - A Curated Experience (Suspense)
Random View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 11:42am
Originally posted by thesaura73 thesaura73 wrote:

Anyone for Thriller / Electric car charging station / Surfboard? 

First thing that pops into my head is someone wrapping up their surfing for the day, getting packed back into their granolamobile at the charging station, when something thrilling happens. 

This would also work in Munich, though, where they surf at the entrance to the English Gardens and there are charging stations all over the place.  That's pretty close to the university, so all kinds of possibilities.  Siemens, BMW, the technical museum...all right in the neighborhood.

I'd have to come up with some reason why the surfboard is important; maybe a student bought it cheap off the back of a truck, but the people it was stolen from want it back badly because it is more than just a surfboard.

The more I think about Munch the more I like it.  Most people don't think of surfing when they think of inland cities, but I really enjoyed watching them...

# <edit>
# Quote added
# </edit>

Edited by Random - 13 Dec 2017 at 11:48am
thesaura73 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thesaura73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 9:24pm
That is so interesting! I don't have the life experiences that would allow that to ever cross my mind.
Random View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by thesaura73 thesaura73 wrote:

That is so interesting! I don't have the life experiences that would allow that to ever cross my mind.

Google is in no way, shape, or form your friend, but you can use it to get all kinds of ideas.  Do searches on the prompts, even if you think you already know the subject.  It's amazing what kind of rabbit holes that will take you down if you have some curiosity.  Growing up I used to read Scientific American and National Geographic cover to cover and my 'internet' was a library. 

There is no wasted knowledge.  It's all good for something. 

Then again, if all that sounds boring feel free to ignore those suggestions.

Edited by Random - 13 Dec 2017 at 10:05pm
thesaura73 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thesaura73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 10:15pm
Doesn't sound boring! 
 Post Reply Post Reply