NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Patience?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qatra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Patience?
    Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 6:35pm
So, first time doing this competition and I'm going crazy waiting for results! I didn't find the last rounds so crazy-making, but this one is. Maybe because I'm wondering if I'm eliminated?

How do you survive the wait?! Patience is clearly not my virtue.
MattrickBT View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattrickBT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 7:56pm
I did stuff.
4th - R1 G52 The Bad Man

R2|H14The Hour
roccapia View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote roccapia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 8:01pm
I honestly forgot about it until this week. Then I realized...holy crap! It's coming up! So now I'm getting nervous.
Best coping mechanisms: chocolate and wine. And a good book.
Zblugg View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Zblugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 11:08pm
Playing a game called Epistory. It's basically a... STORY (duh) that you play out by typing words as events unfold. Of course when one plays a game, one expects enemies, and this game has them. You cast spells by typing them out (ICE, or FIRE, for example) then typing the other words that appear above the enemies. These, so far, have ranged from BAD to MICROARCHITECTURE (which made me laugh, actually).

So to take my mind off of writing competitions, I'm playing a... writing... compet... 

Damn.

Game is super pretty, though, with all of its environments built in origami.
nod1v1ng View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nod1v1ng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 10:28am
Originally posted by Qatra Qatra wrote:

How do you survive the wait?! Patience is clearly not my virtue.

Once I've stalled iout on the crazy flurry of forum reviews, I just keep myself busy with other things to avoid thinking about it. I've been writing for other competitions and submissions. I find if I don't have at least 2 pieces to obsess over at a time I get antsy. 

Plus of course my more-than-full-time job and exams & semester end projects coming up.

And I agree with roccapia - when all else fails wine & a good book.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 12:04am
I pass the time by sobbing hysterically, eating chocolates, and buying lottery tickets. 

Seriously, I try to make myself forget about the results until the day of. It's overwhelming!! 
sgspeed View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgspeed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 12:27am
I entered the Short Screenplay challenge and the second script is due tomorrow. I'm also writing for another online writing group that requires a new piece every other day. I'm just trying to catch up to that. (and checking here regularly and wondering how busy I will be next weekend...)
MF250 The Mother
250 MF RD.2 Hush Little Baby
MattrickBT View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattrickBT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 1:10am
Originally posted by Zelda Zelda wrote:

I pass the time by sobbing hysterically, eating chocolates, and buying lottery tickets. 

Seriously, I try to make myself forget about the results until the day of. It's overwhelming!! 

You just reminded me I've got some hot chili Lindt Dark Chocolate to eat. mmmmmm
4th - R1 G52 The Bad Man

R2|H14The Hour
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 10:17pm
Really? Pass the chocolate!! 
 Post Reply Post Reply