NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Everything Else
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gamers!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Zblugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gamers!
    Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 9:41am
Title says it all!

Are there any fellow gamers in the NYCM crowd??? I was thinking yesterday how cool it could be to play some games and talk about these competitions in one fell swoop. Or, hell, just play games together!

Whether it's Destiny 2, Civilizations, Overwatch, ANYTHING. 

I'm on Steam (godeicher) and PSN (Zblugg). Feel free to add me! Let's conquer [add target of conquest] together!

Z.

Edited by Zblugg - 24 Oct 2017 at 9:43am
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 9:32pm
I love the Legend of Zelda. But I haven't played it in forever. I think the ultimate one is Ocarina of Time, but I'm also a huge fan of Majora's Mask. The Wind Waker's pretty cool too, although I've never gotten all the way through it. I played a little of Twilight Princess, but then I gave up. (I don't have great manual dexterity, and it takes me forever to play all the way through. Sometimes I never make it, even if I try--a hard bad guy to beat, or whatever.) 

Sorry I'm unfamiliar with the games and the game sites you mentioned!! Oh well!! 
Zblugg View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zblugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 9:16am
Hahaha! No biggie! And I could've guessed you were either a fan of the Zelda series. That, or a fortune teller. LOL

Breath of the Wild is great, or so I hear. I've not owned a Nintendo system since the N64, and the last Zelda I played was "A Link to the Past", on SNES. But I realize that's my biggest flaw... Wink

If you want an interestingly creative read, go check out Ben has Drowned. It's a creepypasta (I know, I know) about Majora's Mask. I found it inventive and entertaining! It has videos, too!
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 10:10am
HA HA HA! LOL Funny you should mention it--I do love Zelda games, but I'm a fortune teller too. I mean, I can't claim to be compellingly psychic, but I try!! I love doing Tarot readings!! (If anyone wants one, let me know! Madame Zelda is in the house.) 

Actually, the N64 made the best Zelda games, although you didn't have them. Come now to the Wii, and I can't master the dual handheld units to save myself. 

What's creepy pasta? Sounds like something Mother would cook. I'll have to check it out!! 
Zblugg View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Zblugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 10:15am
A "creepypasta" is a fan-fiction, essentially, meant ot entertain and scare. A lot of them are just... meh, but some do work quite well. Ben Drowned was one of the good ones, IIRC. There's even a podcast devoted to Creepypastas, appropriately titled Creepy (decent, not game-changing, good to listen to while raking leaves, I suppose).

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 10:25am
Cool! You learn something new every day!! I'll check it out!! :-)
Jhill View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 12:45pm
@Zblugg & Zelda -I used to play World or Warcraft. Jhill is my gnome warrior's name. The other games & platforms you've mentioned are things I recognize from my son's gaming. I hope that doesn't mean I'm old enough to be your mom, too!
Zblugg View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zblugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 12:47pm
Hahahaha!

I doubt it, but you never know. Let's just say I'm more than halfway from 30 to 40... (but feeling 13 most of the time...)
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 12:54pm
HA HA HA! I'm 40 myself, but I'm a total kid at heart. 

I tried World of Warcraft one day and gave up. I was terrible at it!! Such a massacre. 
Jhill View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 1:05pm
Well, that's good. I could me an older sister, not your mom. :D
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>