FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Would Google consider this published?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
PennyJM View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PennyJM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Would Google consider this published?
    Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 11:06am
Thank you for taking the time to research this...and come up with an answer I was hoping for.
Please read my story in Grp 54/Horror/Swallowing a pill/prestgious
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 5:57am
Just for my own peace of mind I signed out and reloaded the forum and tried accessing the contestant section, no go.  then I went to this thread and tried clicking on my signature and it would not take me to it either.  So, you could consider it nonpublished.
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 5:16am
From what I understand, as long as you only posted the story to the contestants only section IE: the flash fiction 2017 review.  You should be good to go.
PennyJM View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PennyJM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 3:26pm
With all the great input from these forums, I planned to overhaul my submissions and submit to flash fiction magazines, etc. Then, when I look at the submission policies, it always says, "not previously published, which includes blogs, non-paying markets, etc."
Even Writer's Digest says Google doesn't like duplicates. I guess that's how they find it.
What's the ruling on this?
Thank you.
PJ
Please read my story in Grp 54/Horror/Swallowing a pill/prestgious
 Post Reply Post Reply