NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Historical Scores

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote nixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Historical Scores
    Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 9:36am
Because I am tired of sifting through other threads trying to see where it was linked before.

score tracking for the years I have been in NYCM can be found here.

Edited by nixie - 14 Sep 2017 at 9:36am
plkphoto View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote plkphoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 5:46pm
See... it is possible to get to the second round with 0 in the first (or second) challenge... Smile
FFC 2018

Ch1 Gr62 -- The Other Side of the Coin (Thriller)
nixie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by plkphoto plkphoto wrote:

See... it is possible to get to the second round with 0 in the first (or second) challenge... Smile

lol i see what you did there.  yeah, dont count nixie out quite yet....
AllisonM View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 7:45pm
Sorry, I really don't feel like digging all through the rules and regulations paper, so I'm asking this here because you seem like an informed veteran, Nixie. :)

How many people from each R1/R2 group advance to R3?
plkphoto View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote plkphoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 7:52pm
Top 5 (combined scores) advance...

Originally posted by NYCMidnight NYCMidnight wrote:

The total points from Challenge #1 and #2 are added together, and the top 5 writers in each group advance to the 2nd Round. For example, if a writer comes in 4th place (12 points) in Challenge #1 and 13th place (3 points) in Challenge #2, than his/her total points for the 1st Round is 15 points. If 15 points is among the top 5 highest point totals in the group, than the writer will advance to the 2nd round of the competition.

In cases of ties, the writer with the highest placement in either of the challenges will advance. For example, if two writers are tied for 5th place with 16 points, with one writer placing 1st (15 points) and 15th (1 point) in the challenges and the other writer placing 8th (8 points) and 9th (7 points) in their corresponding challenges, the writer who placed 1st in one of the challenges will advance because of the higher placement. If a winner can still not be decided (i.e. both writers highest placement is the same), then the writer that places higher in Challenge #2 will advance. Points are not used beyond the 1st Round of the competition, and the placement and point totals of each writer in the 1st Round will have no bearing on future rounds.

FFC 2018

Ch1 Gr62 -- The Other Side of the Coin (Thriller)
Dogmafrog View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dogmafrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 9:56pm
Thanks for putting this together, this is my first FF so I was trying to figure out where "9" theoretically puts me. But from what I can tell, just about any points keep you in the running, and as folks have noted, even no points and you're not out.
Lookit There View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lookit There Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 10:23pm
Do you ever sleep?!
nixie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 1:34am
Originally posted by Dogmafrog Dogmafrog wrote:

Thanks for putting this together, this is my first FF so I was trying to figure out where "9" theoretically puts me. But from what I can tell, just about any points keep you in the running, and as folks have noted, even no points and you're not out.

exactly :)  

Two years ago was my first FFC and I was trying to figure that out.  Most of the stuff that I put together, from score sheets to the master list, happen because I am trying to get myself organized - and as long as i am doing it, i know there are other folks here who will use it.  (or, because when *other people use it, it seems less like an OCD malfunction and more like a 'community-supporting effort."  Whatevs... ;) 

"9" puts you behind 6 people in your group, and ahead of about two dozen :)  
nixie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 1:35am
Originally posted by Lookit There Lookit There wrote:

Do you ever sleep?!

well - Iratus and the dogs went up to bed an hour ago...  lol

But.. STUFF to do! 

(Yeah, I know. I am so lucky he loves me, cuz otherwise...too much crazy....lol)
TheDustyZebra View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDustyZebra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 8:53pm
Nixie, you are amazstonishing and I love you! LOL

I finally managed to get into the file, and this is utterly brilliant. It's so much the sort of thing I would have done when I had the energy for it. I love crunching numbers and making pictures out of information like that. So I'm really glad you're around to do it! Clap
100MF2022 R1 G41 The Ties that Bind (Romance)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>