NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Titles and Loglines

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shanan187 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Titles and Loglines
    Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 12:35am
I went with drama... I guess it was a bit of a holdover from last week. Pulled drama in Falsh Fiction round 1.

Title: Take in the Sea
Logline: Standing on the shoreline that separates life from death, Amy's vision guides her to make a choice.
JuliKobayashi View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuliKobayashi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 12:48am
Shanan, I think you and I yet again took kind of a similar angle!

I went with drama as well and attempted to tackle the theme of the cycle of life. 

Red Tide
A marine biologist monitoring nesting sea turtles is haunted by visions of her recently deceased child.  
shanan187 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shanan187 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 12:53am
Originally posted by JuliKobayashi JuliKobayashi wrote:

Shanan, I think you and I yet again took kind of a similar angle!

I went with drama as well and attempted to tackle the theme of the cycle of life. 

Red Tide
<!--? version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?-->

A marine biologist monitoring nesting sea turtles is haunted by visions of her recently deceased child.  

Love it! Can't wait to see what you did with this one :)
FilmBuzzer View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FilmBuzzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 1:48am
Those both sound very intriguing! Can't wait to read them. For me, I wrote a ghost story...

The Lost Memoir of Robert Forester

Whilst attempting to finish his memoir, Robert Forester's final mission at sea continues to haunt him.
Previous entries:

2019 Screenwriting Challenge:
Re-Murder
JeffreyHowe View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeffreyHowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 3:10am
Fantasy/Magic Realism

A Visit from "Doc" Rickets

On his deathbed, John Steinbeck gets the chance to say goodbye to his long-departed friend Ed Ricketts--and to forgive himself.
Tim G View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 4:38am
Drama here too. If The Big Blue met An Inconvenient Truth.

In my dreams ;)

BENEATH ALL ELSE

A family of marine biologists search for signs of their conservation project's success. Beneath the waves, a different discovery awaits.
Rhyming Story R2: Flying On Empty (Thriller)
Splinker View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Splinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 6:23am
Fantasy/Drama

Jake's Song

Jake comes face to face with his lifelong obsession and discovers exactly how much it has cost him.
Splinker
https://1drv.ms/w/s!ArBspawnlI8yo1H2Ki5_xuZg-K0v?e=x2mixn
Levi View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Levi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 9:03am
Drama

NAVIGATOR

As Katherine navigates the ebb and flow of life, a traumatic experience threatens to come between her and all that she holds dear.
R3 Navigator (Drama)
cheezopath View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheezopath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 9:05am
Horror/sci fi

MILWAUKEE DEEP

An unidentified sound is coming from the bottom of the Puerto Rico Trench.
When an unmanned probe fails, a marine biologist makes a solo expedition to the ocean floor.
lisafox10800 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisafox10800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 9:13am
Horror/Fantasy 

Closer to the Sea
A marine biologist has one hell of a trippy night after an encounter with "the fish that makes dreams"

(And as an aside, I really, really admire that so many of you were able to make a drama out of this. I had grand dreams of writing something beautiful, but it didn't work out that way. The hallucination theme brought me down a really bizarre path. But oh well. Live and learn...)

lisafoxiswriting.com
My short story collection, Core Truths, is now available wherever books are sold.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>