NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fix Your Signature VIDEO TUTORIAL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KJHunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 4:08pm
Probably not the right thread for this, but thought I'd throw out a suggestion for anyone posting their stories to the forum.

It's *immensely* helpful if you list your assignment in your original post! Not just the genre, but all of the prompts. It saves the reviewer from having to look up your group and find out for themselves. I, for one, always like to consider how the author has incorporated all of the prompts - so if your post is going to make that easier for me to do, then I'm more likely to read your story...

Just a friendly PSA! :)
FFCCh#2 GR82 The Man of Blood
SSC R1 H117 The Price of Fire
AnnieWrites123 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnieWrites123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 5:21pm
Thank you so much for this. I finally have it right.

(I think.)
FFC 2018
Testing Day

SSC 2019
On Our Way, Louise!

MICRO 2019
Shebanks View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shebanks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 3:24pm
working on signature
LaissezFaire View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaissezFaire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2019 at 8:29am
NEW Video Tutorial in the opening post for all the new peeps who need to set up their signatures and for those other peeps who have brawls with their sigs every time :) I see you.
SidewaysSnow View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SidewaysSnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 2:01pm
So, my signature always cuts off after two links. Is that a limit of the system?
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LaissezFaire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 3:49pm
There's is a character limit (including spaces).  If you exceed 150 words, everything after the limit gets cut off.  For more than 2 clickable links you have to use "short links" (which you have) and be very letter conservative with titles.  Watch out that you haven't lost a bracket or equal sign, too.

For my Sig, I left out spaces and sacrificed 1 title to just 2 characters to make 3 live links.

Edited by LaissezFaire - 21 Oct 2019 at 3:53pm
catrad View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote catrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2019 at 6:24pm
Thank you so much for taking the time to do this! I have so much admiration for those who take the time to help Newbies, or just people like me who are tech-challenged!
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaissezFaire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 10:44am
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaissezFaire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 9:24pm
Bumping for newbies and olbies who forget :)
McAllister View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McAllister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 4:41pm

I *think* I followed these directions correctly but will definitely check out the video later. Thank you for all of this information! 

Edited by McAllister - 29 Jan 2020 at 8:03pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>