NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question about the master list

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teehlee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question about the master list
    Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 3:15pm
How do you read the stories without links?
ASharedNarrative View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASharedNarrative Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 3:23pm
You don't.

Nyxie will be back in an hour-ish, and she'll update the master list. Links will be added as she gets them, and has the time to volunteer to update that post.

You could try a search of that forum, but I've had bad luck getting the search engine to find what I wanted. Otherwise, just wait for them to fill out.
2018 SSC
R1 G62 (Spy) - Ex Parte
ottersdaughter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ottersdaughter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 5:01pm
Has everyone else gotten their go ahead email? I've got nothing Unhappy
FF#1: Made with Magic (Horror)

2017 ShSc HM
2016 FFC & ShSc Finalist
kirras08 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirras08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by ottersdaughter ottersdaughter wrote:

I got mine this morning......I am also West Coast U.S. if that is relevant in how they notify...dunno.
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ottersdaughter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by kirras08 kirras08 wrote:

Originally posted by ottersdaughter ottersdaughter wrote:

I got mine this morning......I am also West Coast U.S. if that is relevant in how they notify...dunno.

Thanks. With my luck they're doing it alphabetically by last name - I'm all the way down in the Ys.

2017 ShSc HM
2016 FFC & ShSc Finalist
ASharedNarrative View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASharedNarrative Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 5:34pm
Mine came in at 12:20 (five-ish hours ago, as of this post), ottersdaughter, and my last name starts with "T."

I'm not sure how they're doing it.
2018 SSC
R1 G62 (Spy) - Ex Parte
plkphoto View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plkphoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 7:08pm
They post them out in batches because when they tried to do it all at once for SSC, their server crashed. So, don't panic unless you still don't have your confirmation after midnight tonight. (Or they send out a tweet/FB post saying they've sent them all.)

Also, if you have your submittable account linked to a different email address, make sure you check both. Smile
FFC 2018

Ch1 Gr62 -- The Other Side of the Coin (Thriller)
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ottersdaughter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by plkphoto plkphoto wrote:

They post them out in batches because when they tried to do it all at once for SSC, their server crashed. So, don't panic unless you still don't have your confirmation after midnight tonight. (Or they send out a tweet/FB post saying they've sent them all.)

Also, if you have your submittable account linked to a different email address, make sure you check both. Smile

It was indeed in the email I use for submittable thanks!

Edited by ottersdaughter - 19 Jul 2017 at 7:18pm

2017 ShSc HM
2016 FFC & ShSc Finalist
teehlee View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teehlee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 7:39pm
oh I see, thanks, i thought maybe they were somewhere that I just couldn't find.
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 12:45am
I think Nixie put a bunch up before the people put their stories on the form as a leg up so that there is not that much to posting someone.  I know mine was up and black until I added mine to the forum.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>