NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What are you doing instead of writing?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Xoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What are you doing instead of writing?
    Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 2:13pm
...Other than farting around on these here forums?

I'm cruising Youtube to try to find the perfect music to finish up this swamp fantasy.  Right now, the soundtrack to Neverending Story is in the lead, but I can't really be sure until I pore through another 100 or so vids.

I figure about 8:00 tonight I'll develop a little urgency.

Yay procrastination!
Imaginative Insanity View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imaginative Insanity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 2:53pm
Rearranging my bedroom. No joke.

Amazon Prime Day brought a new bed just into my price range, so I've been cleaning and rearranging to prepare for its arrival.

I swear, my house will never be cleaner than it gets during these contests. LOL

Feeling a little better about my story today, though, so maybe I'll stop procrastinating so much.
FFC 2017:
Ch1: Makeshift (Fantasy)
jhardycarroll View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhardycarroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 2:55pm
Well, I am in the middle of a huge novel and come to the painful realization that I need to do several drafts of an outline. I am doing fiction prompts (including this one), short story revision, music videos, and this forum. In short, anything I can think of.
steph9289 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steph9289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 3:23pm
Watching author documentaries with a cute boy!
#amrevising
Eggcorn View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eggcorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 3:24pm
Mainly this. And facebook. It's all related to what I'm supposed to be doing though. . .mostly
Lookit There View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lookit There Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 3:38pm
Well, I'm here - so there's that.
I've finished draft #2, which got rid of *most* of my extra 435 words, and completely changed the ending for the better.
Waiting to hear back from any of my 3 betas, and...avoiding rewriting it, though I know I must.
Next up: errands!
Then that last terrified rewrite before I hit "Send" and instantly regret it*

*Assuming this to be true based on past experience
ASharedNarrative View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASharedNarrative Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 4:18pm
Waiting on betas, watching this forum on one screen, and watching Royal Pains on the other.
2018 SSC
R1 G62 (Spy) - Ex Parte
LaraH View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaraH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 4:38pm
Painting. As in painting a room not a creative masterpiece. I still have 140 words to cut and I don't want to give any of them up.
Anirena View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anirena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 5:19pm
Re- watching the last few episodes of season 6 of Game of Thrones while staring at my story hoping a few words will just run away on their own.
Balabean View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balabean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 5:37pm
Listening to "Whoever Fights Monsters" by Robert Ressler to drown out the cacophony of my three boys, thinking about vegetables and puzzling over why my table feels sticky. I finished my story at noon yesterday, but now I realize I probably should have spent more time fiddling with it. Oh well.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>