NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Congrats and good luck!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seawhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Congrats and good luck!!
    Posted: 03 May 2017 at 12:10am
Congrats to everyone moving to the final! And well done, all! Sorry I won't be with you for the last leg, but I'll be back next time Big smile
~Sea

patsy View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 12:14am
How about that!  I'm moving on to the final round with a first place finish!  Totally shocked!  Best of luck to everyone moving on and congratulations to all those who got this far!  
Tricksie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tricksie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 12:15am
Me too, Patsy! So excited!! Can't wait for Friday night. Last year I was out after round two, so I'm just thrilled. 

Best of luck to everyone and I hope those who aren't moving on get good feedback and keep writing!
sinister View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 12:22am
I'm blown all the way away...I made it to the final!  

You like me! You really like me!

Big smile
lisafox10800 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisafox10800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 12:28am
Originally posted by patsy patsy wrote:

How about that!  I'm moving on to the final round with a first place finish!  Totally shocked!  Best of luck to everyone moving on and congratulations to all those who got this far!  

Congratulations!!!

lisafoxiswriting.com
My short story collection, Core Truths, is now available wherever books are sold.
karlaosh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karlaosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 12:33am
Hey! I made it to the final round! Congratulations to everyone. 

Does anyone know if the final round is open genre or assigned genre? Also, if open genre, any thoughts about which have tended to place highest in the past? 
LyndaD View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LyndaD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 12:34am
So I guess it's okay to mix a little comedy with your horror.ClownEvil Smile
It's going to be a busy weekend!
roccapia View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roccapia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 12:38am
I made it too. #3 in my heat (heat 6). Since I was #5 in my heat the first round, I'm movin' up in the world a bit! :D

Scared silly for Saturday though.
vkmartin View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vkmartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 1:30am
Originally posted by karlaosh karlaosh wrote:

Does anyone know if the final round is open genre or assigned genre? Also, if open genre, any thoughts about which have tended to place highest in the past? 

The recent final rounds seem to all have been open genre, so that's what I'm expecting. If you go to the page for the Short Story contest and click on the pictures on the right side, you can read the winning stories from past years, some which were open, others which have assigned genres.

I'd call last year's winning story "drama," which honestly is a genre I've found too open-ended to be much use. So assuming its open, I'll just let whatever idea I come up with determine what I'm writing (though I feel fairly confident that it won't be comedy, since I've struggled every time I've been assigned that so far!).
SakuraHime View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SakuraHime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 10:44am
Congratulations everyone who is moving on! I'm just proud to have gotten to round two in my first attempt. Plus this was such a wonderful learning experience for me, and it was such a pleasure to connect with all of you! Congratulations again and good luck!
2019 FFC R1 Who Needs a Wall? (Gr: 35 – PoliSat/A Garbage Dump/A Grill)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>