NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ROUND ONE TITLES AND LOGLINE TEASERS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
Author
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmsimon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 10:11am
Hey Everyone,

These sound great! Here is mine, I'm in Group 34: Spy / Mail forwarding / A loan officer

Digging the Truth
While investigating a loan officer with ties to a terrorist group, secret agent Rex Vanderlark discovers a secret in an unexpected place.
Annerocious View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annerocious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 11:10am
In my head, it went "...if it doesn't bury her lede..." LOL
Round 1 Heat 21 The Gentle Sex

Sophiebrx View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophiebrx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 12:46pm
Heat 14 - Romantic Comedy - Recycling - A senior citizen

Title: Gathering Providence
Logline: She’s trying to save her relationship by gathering enough of an expensive love potion. He’s trying not to need any.

Man do I hate romantic comedies! :D
stephenmatlock View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephenmatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by Reez Reez wrote:

Hello everyone!

Well, I have discovered that I hate writing about Horses and racing and most of all jockeys.

I dragged and pulled and extracted every last word.

It is definitely a drama, as my life has been for the last 24 hours. Not least of all because NYC. don't accept final draft doc's and for some reason they also rejected my word doc, which had to be copied, pasted and re-tabbed in word when it blew out of final draft, (inhales deeply). Then eventually with 13 (obviously) minutes to go my dramatic script loaded as a pdf. Now just filled with trepidation to see if the whole process was worth it and if the drama lives up to the script!

Anyway, rant over; I got: group 31 - Drama / A Horse Jockey / learning to read and write

'The Final Hurdle'

Fred Bannon 's horrific fall leaves him isolated in a silent world. A silence chosen by another boy to forget the horrors of war.'

First of all, AWESOME logline! Can't wait for a chance to read it. (If you were to share it with us, of course.)

But I feel your pain!

I have a reflexive dislike of PDF files because when they are shared in Google Drive they have this wonky interface that puts black bars at the top and bottom with NOT HELPFUL RIGHT NOW navigation controls, and try as I might I can't dismiss them. I actually downloaded an app that converts them to a readable document format.

I dinked around with a few programs, all which can import/export Final Draft content, and ended up with a mix of Fade In and Writer Duet. (Fade In for writing, and Writer Duet for final PDF because my copy of Fade In is still the demo version.) When I purchase Fade In, I think I'll use just that.

Best of luck with the judges! And remember, life is what happens when you're still planning for life.
Pithy sayings are for the apt. For a longer message, you need a condo.

Splinker View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Splinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 1:37pm
I would have avoided using the word "secret" twice.  But I think it has a zero chance of hurting your entry.
Splinker
https://1drv.ms/w/s!ArBspawnlI8yo1H2Ki5_xuZg-K0v?e=x2mixn
Rikpo View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rikpo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 3:50pm

R1|GR19 - Fantasy | Faking an Injury | A Sailor

Redamntion
Love between an angel and a succubus can last centuries, if they don't destroy each other.

Okay, so I had this nice start on a sweet story about an orc sailor who fakes an injury to get out of joining the war so he can see more of his son.  However, I ended with an erotic-ish fantasy where a succubus fondles an archangel.

I'm thinking those pictures in the Dungeons & Dragons manuals of my youth are still kicking around in my id somewhere equating fantasy to hot monster.  Let me know if I'm beyond psychological and/or literary redress.

Cheers & Good Luck All!
2020 250 word Rom Com Courtship
2018 FF Fantasy Never F@ck with a Pixie
amariesalter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amariesalter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 4:25pm
Soldiered on with my most dreaded genre- Political Satire/ A fundraiser/ a furniture mover. Fairly certain what I submitted was absolutely wretched, but I'm glad I finished. Not quitting is my big achievement here. Plus, I ran out of cares to give and used of my favorite absurd words in my title.

The Snollygosters' Ball

A small town jack of all trades is a fish out of water at a fancy D.C. fundraiser, but he may be more welcome than he imagines.
alexdsut View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexdsut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 6:17pm
These are sounding great! Can't wait to read some of the completed scripts. Here's my two cents for Heat 34: Spy / Mail Forwarding / A Loan Officer:

Western Heights

An introverted loan officer, on the brink of redundancy, decides to follows the instructions of a series of anonymous emails; becoming progressively more involved in an obscure conspiracy.

paulene.turner View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulene.turner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by Reez Reez wrote:

Hello everyone!

Well, I have discovered that I hate writing about Horses and racing and most of all jockeys.

I dragged and pulled and extracted every last word.

It is definitely a drama, as my life has been for the last 24 hours. Not least of all because NYC. don't accept final draft doc's and for some reason they also rejected my word doc, which had to be copied, pasted and re-tabbed in word when it blew out of final draft, (inhales deeply). Then eventually with 13 (obviously) minutes to go my dramatic script loaded as a pdf. Now just filled with trepidation to see if the whole process was worth it and if the drama lives up to the script!

Anyway, rant over; I got: group 31 - Drama / A Horse Jockey / learning to read and write

'The Final Hurdle'

Fred Bannon 's horrific fall leaves him isolated in a silent world. A silence chosen by another boy to forget the horrors of war.'

Look forward to reading this REEZ! Good to see you here again...despite the obstacles!
R1, G46, Comedy ANGEL OF ROCK ;

paulene.turner View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulene.turner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by MaHaBone MaHaBone wrote:

Where my Heat 44's at?
Horror/Mayoral Election/Guidance Councilor

PRESSING THE FLESH
A bright young candidate for Mayor has a violent encounter with a man from his past, revealing the nightmarish truth about his present.

Hey, fellow heat 44-er
Look forward to reading yours. How did you find the prompts? I hope you are going to put this up on the forum? cheers Paulene 
R1, G46, Comedy ANGEL OF ROCK ;

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>