NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ROUND ONE TITLES AND LOGLINE TEASERS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
ecsewell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ecsewell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ROUND ONE TITLES AND LOGLINE TEASERS
    Posted: 03 May 2017 at 2:21pm
R1/G9: Political Satire/Senility/A Bus Driver

Georgia Clay

U.S. Congresswoman Cheri McMahon returns to her small Georgia hometown to start her campaign for a Senate seat when her senile father unexpectedly arrives and throws the day's plan into disarray.
ADecker92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ADecker92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by paulene.turner paulene.turner wrote:

Originally posted by MaHaBone MaHaBone wrote:

Where my Heat 44's at?
Horror/Mayoral Election/Guidance Councilor

PRESSING THE FLESH
A bright young candidate for Mayor has a violent encounter with a man from his past, revealing the nightmarish truth about his present.

Hey, fellow heat 44-er
Look forward to reading yours. How did you find the prompts? I hope you are going to put this up on the forum? cheers Paulene 

Really interested to see how you guys handled this, it was a bit of an offbeat prompt and took some work for me to come up with something. My first draft was 18 pages too, and it was absolute torture trying to cut it down to size. :(

Mine was:

IN A JAR
A gifted high schooler is encouraged to pursue his research on preserving dead tissue by his guidance counselor as his relationship with his parents grows distant.
Reez View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 5:35am
Originally posted by paulene.turner paulene.turner wrote:

Originally posted by Reez Reez wrote:

Hello everyone!

Well, I have discovered that I hate writing about Horses and racing and most of all jockeys.

I dragged and pulled and extracted every last word.

It is definitely a drama, as my life has been for the last 24 hours. Not least of all because NYC. don't accept final draft doc's and for some reason they also rejected my word doc, which had to be copied, pasted and re-tabbed in word when it blew out of final draft, (inhales deeply). Then eventually with 13 (obviously) minutes to go my dramatic script loaded as a pdf. Now just filled with trepidation to see if the whole process was worth it and if the drama lives up to the script!

Anyway, rant over; I got: group 31 - Drama / A Horse Jockey / learning to read and write

'The Final Hurdle'

Fred Bannon 's horrific fall leaves him isolated in a silent world. A silence chosen by another boy to forget the horrors of war.'

Look forward to reading this REEZ! Good to see you here again...despite the obstacles!

Thanks Pauline,

Likewise!
Reez View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 5:33am
Originally posted by stephenmatlock stephenmatlock wrote:

Originally posted by Reez Reez wrote:

Hello everyone!

Well, I have discovered that I hate writing about Horses and racing and most of all jockeys.

I dragged and pulled and extracted every last word.

It is definitely a drama, as my life has been for the last 24 hours. Not least of all because NYC. don't accept final draft doc's and for some reason they also rejected my word doc, which had to be copied, pasted and re-tabbed in word when it blew out of final draft, (inhales deeply). Then eventually with 13 (obviously) minutes to go my dramatic script loaded as a pdf. Now just filled with trepidation to see if the whole process was worth it and if the drama lives up to the script!

Anyway, rant over; I got: group 31 - Drama / A Horse Jockey / learning to read and write

'The Final Hurdle'

Fred Bannon 's horrific fall leaves him isolated in a silent world. A silence chosen by another boy to forget the horrors of war.'

First of all, AWESOME logline! Can't wait for a chance to read it. (If you were to share it with us, of course.)

But I feel your pain!

I have a reflexive dislike of PDF files because when they are shared in Google Drive they have this wonky interface that puts black bars at the top and bottom with NOT HELPFUL RIGHT NOW navigation controls, and try as I might I can't dismiss them. I actually downloaded an app that converts them to a readable document format.

I dinked around with a few programs, all which can import/export Final Draft content, and ended up with a mix of Fade In and Writer Duet. (Fade In for writing, and Writer Duet for final PDF because my copy of Fade In is still the demo version.) When I purchase Fade In, I think I'll use just that.

Best of luck with the judges! And remember, life is what happens when you're still planning for life.

Thanks Stephen,

I'll definitely check these out.

Thrilled you like the logline!

Looking forward to reading yours too!
DHWilliams View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHWilliams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 2:57am
Turned right, ended up in Fiji. Thanks! Perfect vacation spot!
D.H Williams
Scarlet Screenwriter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarlet Screenwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 2:51am
Originally posted by DHWilliams DHWilliams wrote:

[
Wow, civilization?! Where?! :o
:P

Go to Australia and turn right ...

NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHWilliams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 2:32am
Originally posted by Scarlet Screenwriter Scarlet Screenwriter wrote:

Mind me asking where I can find this appropriate forum??

Welcome to civilisation, Kiwi ...

Wow, civilization?! Where?! :o

:P
D.H Williams
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHWilliams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 2:31am
Originally posted by lisafox10800 lisafox10800 wrote:

You can post your script under the Screenwriting Challenge 2017 review.

Welcome, fellow Group 24-er! Smile

Cheers! :)
D.H Williams
Cranium7 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cranium7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 2:27am
Romantic Comedy
Recycling
Senior Citizen

Mine is aptly titled "LOW HANGING FRUIT"

It's Phil's last day of existence and last chance to teach a young girl about love

Confession: I wrote mine, beginning to end, in 2 hours friday night/Saturday morning. Spent an hour editing, then turned it in. Not bragging. Romantic Comedy isn't my forte and it took me 11 days to settle on a story I was sure wasn't like any other's in my heat. Will it pay off? We shall see...
Scarlet Screenwriter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarlet Screenwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 2:10am

Welcome to civilisation, Kiwi ...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>