NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

short story competition

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: short story competition
    Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 9:49am
Does anyone know when the results of the short story competition will be sent? Thanks

alexandriarauf View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexandriarauf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 11:53am
I was wondering this, too! I'm thinking they may send the results on a rolling basis?
2022 FFC
Ch2, Gr70 No Longer a Myth
ajs View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 12:33pm
oh, maybe that's right.  I've only done the Flash Fiction Challenge and I noticed there are more participants in this one, so rolling makes sense.
kristanlinnea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristanlinnea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 4:34pm
If we don't place but do get an honorable mention, is it okay to submit that story elsewhere right now?
lisafox10800 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisafox10800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by kristanlinnea kristanlinnea wrote:

If we don't place but do get an honorable mention, is it okay to submit that story elsewhere right now?

Yup.  You own the rights to your story.
lisafoxiswriting.com
My short story collection, Core Truths, is now available wherever books are sold.
plkphoto View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plkphoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 6:02am
Originally posted by kristanlinnea kristanlinnea wrote:

Even if you place, you can still send it elsewhere. Especially in these early rounds. They usually put up stories from the final round on the NYCM page, but even then you own the rights and can tell them "no" if you want to publish elsewhere. They do pay for the ones they put up on their website, though.
FFC 2018

Ch1 Gr62 -- The Other Side of the Coin (Thriller)
 Post Reply Post Reply