NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Waiting is a nightmare.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 16>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDustyZebra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 11:12pm
Good thing I have cookies. Now I can eat them all and drown my sorrows. Honorable Mention is the second loser.

Good luck to all who made it, and I'll see you next year!
100MF2022 R1 G41 The Ties that Bind (Romance)
ottersdaughter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ottersdaughter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 11:13pm
Didn't make the list at all, which sucks, but I might actually get some work done over spring break.

Congrats to those who did make it through, and congrats on your HM Lisa!

I wish there weren't so many stories not posted. Looking through the list, there are stories missing that I just can't believe didn't go through!
FF#1: Made with Magic (Horror)

2017 ShSc HM
2016 FFC & ShSc Finalist
Dogmafrog View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogmafrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 11:15pm
I got through but I feel a bit guilty because I've been a sh*tty reviewer despite some folks giving me feedback. It's my first time and I felt overwhelmed. But my goal is not just to write a good 2nd rounder, but be a better contributor here. Best of luck, all.
lisafox10800 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisafox10800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 11:15pm
Self-fulfilling prophecy.  "The Art of Rejection."  My self-help guru is dancing with glee.  Maybe he'll give me a job writing short stories.  Ha.

Honorable mention.  Nice to be recognized but not enough to keep going.  I'm super disappointed.

Congratulations to everyone who is advancing.  I saw some well-deserved winners on that list.
lisafoxiswriting.com
My short story collection, Core Truths, is now available wherever books are sold.
lisafox10800 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisafox10800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by TheDustyZebra TheDustyZebra wrote:

Good thing I have cookies. Now I can eat them all and drown my sorrows. Honorable Mention is the second loser.

Good luck to all who made it, and I'll see you next year!

Now I really need you to send some cookies my way.  I need to do some sorrow drowning, too (same boat here).
lisafoxiswriting.com
My short story collection, Core Truths, is now available wherever books are sold.
KieraLesley View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KieraLesley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 11:19pm
Third in my heat! I may need to change my weekend plans a bit to suit this news...

Congrats and good luck to everyone who got in and condolences to those who missed out, skimming the lists it looks like a bunch I read on the forums and enjoyed weren't listed - it's all subjective! 

Like Dogmafrog I feel a bit bad that I faded early on providing feedback on the forums - going to try really hard to rectify that this round.
milesmum View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote milesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 11:19pm
4th place isn't terribly exciting,  but I do enjoy writing these stories, once the agony of pulling an idea out of the prompts yields to an idea. Glad I get to play another round.

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by lisafox10800 lisafox10800 wrote:

Self-fulfilling prophecy.  "The Art of Rejection."  My self-help guru is dancing with glee.  Maybe he'll give me a job writing short stories.  Ha.

Honorable mention.  Nice to be recognized but not enough to keep going.  I'm super disappointed.

Congratulations to everyone who is advancing.  I saw some well-deserved winners on that list.

Congrats on the honorable mention. I thought your story was hilarious. That self-help guru was a riot act!! 
Isaryth View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaryth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 11:21pm
Well, boo, I'm out too. But I read a lot of the stories on the list, and one of my personal favourites GoodFences.com got through - first in its heat. So congratulations to the winners, thumbs up to the honourable mentions and hugs for those not mentioned. 

I find myself feeling pretty much nothing, so I suppose my natural pessimism helps in these situations.
taequeendo View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taequeendo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 11:22pm
Wahooo!!!! 2nd in my heat!!! :D :D :D

It's coincidentally my birthday this weekend, so there goes any birthday plans I had lol. Throw a wild party? Nope. Will be glued to the keyboard. Maybe they'll still let me have some cake.

Edited by taequeendo - 20 Mar 2017 at 11:25pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 16>