NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Result delay email

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paigevest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2016 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by Averah Averah wrote:

OH, no. Definitely not directed at you, or anyone else, and I apologize if that is how it seemed. Not my intent at all. Just my personal life philosophy, and how I am trying to approach the delay. That said, I am DYING for the results to be sent out. DYING. And feeling sorry for international writers here, for whom 5PM might be the middle of the night!

Oh, yay! Good to know. Big smile

I tend to be one of those people who always wonder if people are talking about her behind her back... Anxiety is the suck! 

That said, I am also DYING! Focusing on work is incredibly difficult at the moment... Confused
~ap~
- - - - - -
R1Ch1 | H37 | RomCom | My Trip | [15]
R1Ch2 | H37 | Ghost Story | Chester's Gambit
nixie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2016 at 2:25pm

I just think that in the absence of absolute perfection, why not choose grace?

A lovely approach and one I recommend for any personal interaction.

Since $50 is a lot of money to many of the participants, it's also not unreasonable for them to see it as a business transaction.  And if the issue here were that the mechanic who got paid to fix the brakes didn't do it right and nearly got someone killed - grace gives way to the responsibilities inherent in the transaction. :)

So far I haven't seen anyone whose reaction is wrong - for them. :)

@Paige - 1400 last year, about half again as many this year.  So - happy spin: "they just underestimated."  sad spin: "perhaps they should have capped the number of competitors at the prior level until they had managed to do it consistently well, and *then made the huge numbers leap?"
Vernacula View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vernacula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2016 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by paigevest paigevest wrote:

I don't see that anyone expressing their frustration here has been over the top about it.

Oh, I flipped a table and Hulked out, you just couldn't see me.
nixie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2016 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by Vernacula Vernacula wrote:

I don't see that anyone expressing their frustration here has been over the top about it.

ROFL I can SO picture that 
LOL
maiaco View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maiaco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2016 at 3:31pm

OH, no. Definitely not directed at you, or anyone else, and I apologize if that is how it seemed. Not my intent at all. Just my personal life philosophy, and how I am trying to approach the delay. That said, I am DYING for the results to be sent out. DYING. And feeling sorry for international writers here, for whom 5PM might be the middle of the night!

Oh Averah, I am DYING across the Pond in UK.  The first deadline due at 5am for me - so to receive the 'delayed email' at 4.31am was harsh.  Its now 20.30 and I'm not sure whether to stay up tonight or not - will I really get results tonight?  I may just give up and hope they will be there when I wake up tomorrow morning.

No baby acorns were harmed in the writing of this story

paigevest View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paigevest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2016 at 3:33pm

Unfortunate... that would have been something to see.
~ap~
- - - - - -
R1Ch1 | H37 | RomCom | My Trip | [15]
R1Ch2 | H37 | Ghost Story | Chester's Gambit
patsy View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote patsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2016 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by maiaco maiaco wrote:

Oh Averah, I am DYING across the Pond in UK.  The first deadline due at 5am for me - so to receive the 'delayed email' at 4.31am was harsh.  Its now 20.30 and I'm not sure whether to stay up tonight or not - will I really get results tonight?  I may just give up and hope they will be there when I wake up tomorrow morning.

Poor Gill!  At least these aren't the "in or out" scores!!  We at least all know we're still in at this point.  It will be worse next time when they are the final scores, so let's hope they get the kinks worked out this round Smile
Reez View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2016 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by nixie nixie wrote:

ROFL I can SO picture that 
LOL

Vernacula, you crack me up!

Dying for the results here - with no wifi for the last 8 weeks, in a wooden cabin by the sea...with...intermittent...signal...zzz
beccaczar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beccaczar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2016 at 4:45pm
Is anyone else worried they will blow this deadline and not update us? I'm at work and I just keep refreshing my browser about every 6 seconds while pretending to be productive...
Averah View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Averah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2016 at 4:50pm
And .... they are up.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>