NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"This is for all you new people..."

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 26>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beckyrcollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 8:24am
Originally posted by Rosie J Rosie J wrote:

Please someone help. I'm addicted to this forum, it's my first FFC and I am meant to be working. HOW DOES ONE GET AWAY FROM THIS PLAAAACE? LOL

I would help you but I'm currently snooping while at work Confused
NYCNewbie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NYCNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 11:04am

Please someone help. I'm addicted to this forum, it's my first FFC and I am meant to be working. HOW DOES ONE GET AWAY FROM THIS PLAAAACE? LOL

We've all been there, done that and got the T-Shirt haha! Oh and look, still here!

Just hopping over to read your story now! Thanks for your feedback on mine!

Paula x
nixie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 1:18pm

Uh - have you SEEN how long some of us have been stuck in here...?  ;)
Rosie J View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rosie J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by nixie nixie wrote:

Uh - have you SEEN how long some of us have been stuck in here...?  ;)

Oh hi! Nixie is it? Can't say I've seen you on here before, but really glad to know I'm not alone...

hehehehehehehehe LOL
nod1v1ng View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote nod1v1ng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 4:45pm

One side of my office is glass. I must have looked REEEAAAALLLY busy today with all the reading & typing...  LOL
Relleanne View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Relleanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 4:50pm
Sorry to be a bother - I have followed everything and managed to post my story. I just don't quite get what I have to put on my signature to link it for people. 
I can get to edit profile, I can see the box but I'm not sure what I'm putting there. 
Could someone explain it to me one more time. 
Thanks from a newbie that is very confused
beckyrcollins View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beckyrcollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by Relleanne Relleanne wrote:

Sorry to be a bother - I have followed everything and managed to post my story. I just don't quite get what I have to put on my signature to link it for people. 
I can get to edit profile, I can see the box but I'm not sure what I'm putting there. 

No probs! 

So in the signature box on edit profile, you need to basically write your story title, it's competition, and attach it to a link to the page that you've posted. You don't have to say the competition but it's fairly standard as it lets people know what kind of story it is/ whether it's prose or a script.

Firstly, type 'FF18 R1' or something similar just so people know it's for flash fiction round 1. Then type the story title, and if you want, its genre. So at this point you'd simply be typing: FF18 R1 TITLE (genre)

Next, either side of the title, write [URL=] ... and [/URL]  

Then copy the website link of your submission post on the forum, and paste it after the '='. 

It looks wrong, but this is mine as an example (imagine the first '(' is a '[')
FF18 R1 G23 (URL=https://forums.nycmidnight.com/topic18136_post227607.html#227607]The Builders of Threadneedle Steet[/URL] (hist fic)

Be sure to preview it and test the link, then save. Hope this helps! x

Edited by beckyrcollins - 19 Jul 2018 at 6:11pm
QuackedDuckie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QuackedDuckie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by Relleanne Relleanne wrote:

Hi Relleanne!  If you found the box for the signature, that's half the battle!  This is what I put in mine to create the signature:  

Read my Challenge #1 story titled [URL=https://forums.nycmidnight.com/topic18251_post227894.html#227894]Dreams[/*URL]

You'll want to replace my link (in blue) and title (in purple) with yours.  Also remove the * (in red) from the /url - I added that to stop it from converting it to a link since the code tag wasn't preventing it.   

Edit: Intercepted!  lol

Edited by QuackedDuckie - 19 Jul 2018 at 5:41pm
KJHunter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KJHunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 4:58pm
Question about the forums themselves. Is there a place where you can actually see all of your posts in one place? Most forums have that option but I can't seem to find it here. I have resolved it by searching for keywords if I can remember them, but it seems odd that there is simply no list of a user's posts available. Am I just missing it? Or is the easiest thing just to subscribe to the posts themselves?

Thanks!
FFCCh#2 GR82 The Man of Blood
SSC R1 H117 The Price of Fire
nixie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by KJHunter KJHunter wrote:

Question about the forums themselves. Is there a place where you can actually see all of your posts in one place? Most forums have that option but I can't seem to find it here. I have resolved it by searching for keywords if I can remember them, but it seems odd that there is simply no list of a user's posts available. Am I just missing it? Or is the easiest thing just to subscribe to the posts themselves?

Thanks!

1. use the search utiilty to search for all post by member name - enter your forum id
2.  any place you see your name (like, tot he left of a post or comment), click the drop-down arrow under your name and choose "find member's posts.'
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 26>