NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Screenplay Challenge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 15>
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmageek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 2:24pm
Nice to see you back Scarlet!  Got Fairy Tales this time around, social media, and barber lol!  This should be fun!
Scarlet Screenwriter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarlet Screenwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by Emmageek Emmageek wrote:

Nice to see you back Scarlet!  Got Fairy Tales this time around, social media, and barber lol!  This should be fun!

Swap you ... Mystery, near-death experience, a long-distance swimmer ... a challenge ...

Emmageek View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmageek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 4:12pm
Deal lol!! I already have an idea for yours lol
WD_Stevens View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WD_Stevens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 10:42pm
I think everyone else's seems easier than the one you've got. I know I was stumped when I got mine - Crime Caper/Tax Evasion/Gravedigger. I just hope the one I'm doing isn't the really obvious one that everyone will do.

As part of the Australian Invasion, I'm actually more worried about American judges being caught off guard by Aussie dialogue. Maybe we should have a translation option!
paulene.turner View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulene.turner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 1:16am
Thanks Scarlett.  Yes, I'm looking forward to it.  It's good to have a deadline, and some prompts to get you thinking outside your own limitations.  Good luck with yours.  I got Drama, Falling Out of Love, An ex-inmate.  Which is not too bad - though drama is not my natural genre.  I tend to fall back on humour to take the edge off drama.  

Enjoy, and keep building that body of work.  It's a good and fun way to do it, without some buddies to share the experience. Even if they are from Victoria!  

Cheers Paulene

P.S. U might beat me in writing, but it's hard to beat Sydney's weather today.  26 degrees at the end of April, and I've just been for a walk around a beautiful bay!  Ha!

NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulene.turner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 1:18am
Sorry, that should read WITH buddies to share it with.  
WD_Stevens View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WD_Stevens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 2:21am
Ah, the eternal Melbourne v Sydney feud. Love it. We had rather a warm day yesterday in Melbourne. Not unduly hot but I was with a film crew and we had to keep the doors closed and the fans off inside for sound. Between takes we were all stepping outside for moving air. Today's much more my cup of tea - cold and windy. Perfect for under a blanket on the couch doing some writing.

I'm new to this comp, by the way. It came across my radar the day applications closed but it's already shaping up to be a fun experience and good to have some Aussie allies (even if they are in Sydney Wink)
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulene.turner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 2:43am
Good luck with the prompts WD.  they're hard ones.  But there really is nothing I like better than a good crime caper film. So look forward to reading it.  (even if u come from down below!)  cheers paulene T

NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarlet Screenwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 6:19am
Originally posted by Emmageek Emmageek wrote:

Deal lol!! I already have an idea for yours lol

I've already written yours! 

No, sorry, I've loaded mine in the compost tumbler of my mind and I'll just churn until Friday and then write it out in a continuous stream ... that's my process. 

Done the title and log line already, which I tape to the top of the iMac screen (over the camera!) to make sure it applies to every line I write ... something an old mentor suggested ... or maybe it was William Goldman ... whatever, it works! 

NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarlet Screenwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 6:33am
Originally posted by paulene.turner paulene.turner wrote:

Sorry, that should read WITH buddies to share it with.  

Hey, newbie ... You know you can edit your own posts ... it's up under POST OPTIONS ...

It's called CLIMATE CHANGE, not Sydney!  ... like they say, "If you don't like the weather in Melbourne, wait a minute!"

We've had more than our fair share of rain the past couple of days ... I was up in Ararat having a totally strange experience ... visiting someone in jail!  Photo ID, eye scan, fingerprint scan ... then you have to repeat it every door you go in and out of ... and kill zones!  I've been to the Christmas Island Detention Centre ... similar thing ... It'll be good research one day ...

Young WD ... welcome ... this comp is a drug for writers ... story or screenplay ... I do both ... like going to a creative gym once every couple of months.  This is my 5th or 6th year ... you can ask me questions here or Private Message ... Us Victorians have to stick together ... unlike the rabble from up north ... I think they even allow Banana-benders in this comp! 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 15>