NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Screenplay Challenge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 15>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plkphoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by Scarlet Screenwriter Scarlet Screenwriter wrote:

Originally posted by DunnEllis DunnEllis wrote:

I definitely thought we got the prompts at midnight LAST night, and when I randomly woke up at 3:30 I scrambled to check my email. Whoops. 

Try living on the other side of the world and tomorrow ... West of the International Date Line ... For me, they come out on Saturday afternoon ... However, deadline is in the afternoon, too, so no losing sleep. 

Yep… one of the few times I actually enjoy the time shift… NYCM contests. Hard to coordinate times to talk to friends/family living in the US though. 
FFC 2018

Ch1 Gr62 -- The Other Side of the Coin (Thriller)
poetryandhums View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poetryandhums Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 11:35pm
I'm trying my hand at this! I figured I might as well join the forum while I impatiently waited for the assignments to go out... Smile

Very excited, though a little apprehensive based on some of what I've read in the forum re: previous rounds. Also having trouble getting a grasp on how many people sign up, and what percentage moves from one round to the next. 

Mostly, though, I'm excited about the prompts and hoping it'll change up my writing flow for a week or two. 
steph9289 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steph9289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 11:37pm
You will be able to see how many people signed up as soon as they post the prompts (in about 25 minutes)! And the top 5 from each heat will go through to round 2! Good luck!
#amrevising
poetryandhums View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poetryandhums Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by steph9289 steph9289 wrote:

You will be able to see how many people signed up as soon as they post the prompts (in about 25 minutes)! And the top 5 from each heat will go through to round 2! Good luck!

Thanks!! You too (provided my blatant assumption that you're participating is correct)! I'm definitely looking forward to this, I've had my eye on the competition for a while but this is the first time I'm actually even attempting to participate. 
paulene.turner View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulene.turner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 11:49pm
Indeed Scarlet.  Good to meet another Aussie competitor.  Good luck today.  Very excited.  And the Saturday afternoon prompts are good timing.  What are you hoping for in the prompts?  Any faves?

Maiasatara View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maiasatara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 12:16am
12:16am EST and no prompts. No email. Obsessive reloading of page.
Mocambo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mocambo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 12:18am
It posted: http://www.nycmidnight.com/Competitions/SC/1st%20Round/1stRound.htm
Scarlet Screenwriter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarlet Screenwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 12:18am

2.15pm Saturday in Melbourne ... got them ... and there are approximately 1100 entrants ... I forgot ... daylight savings ... 2 hours earlier here ...

Scarlet Screenwriter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarlet Screenwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 3:06am
Originally posted by paulene.turner paulene.turner wrote:

Indeed Scarlet.  Good to meet another Aussie competitor.  Good luck today.  Very excited.  And the Saturday afternoon prompts are good timing.  What are you hoping for in the prompts?  Any faves?

Young Pauline ...  When I started here in Oct 2010, there were maybe one or two Australians ... now they're everywhere!  Just because you're a New South Welsh-person, I won't hold it against you.  As a Victorian, you are my natural enemy! 

I do both short story and screenplay ... having started in screenplay, my traditional medium.  I think I have gone about 30-odd rounds ... it's quite a body of work ...

I have had just about all of the genres and sub genres ... I like political satire, science fiction, romantic comedy and historical fiction ... drama is just too broad ...  I got mystery this time, but I may spin a bit of sci-fi through it ... I tend to be a bit of a genre bender.

I once got Romantic Comedy three rounds in a row!  I notice last rounds winner got Mystery twice and then Open ...

I hope you enjoy yourself.  Don't take it too seriously.  It can be a lot of fun.

Cheers, Scarlet (Randall)

KittNiss View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KittNiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 4:21am
YAHOO!! and we're off!!!
First time screenplay. Happy with my lot - Heat 39 Genre Ghost Story, Subject Horoscope Character Kidnapper

Somewhat amazed that I get Hosorscope in this; I was in the short story comp Heat 42, Mystery, horoscope, birdwatcher.

Pretty  happy. trying hard to think. So glad being in Australia I get this about 2pm & not midnight - I'd not sleep!! Not that I count on it too much anyway.

Good luck folks!! Away we go!!!!!!!!!!!
SSC R1Heat42 Magpie's Child
FFCh1 Gr16 There's no going back R2 Death,DutyFree
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 15>