NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Star ratings changed?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topangarose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 6:37am

Sootfoot-- I never realized you're from Outer Space (man) . Well, not surprising.

Edited by topangarose - 03 Feb 2016 at 6:44am
maiaco View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maiaco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by topangarose topangarose wrote:

Sootfoot-- I never realized you're from Outer Space (man) . Well, not surprising.

Like button needed here too.  And I'm heading into Outer Space with Sooty - love it :)
No baby acorns were harmed in the writing of this story

sootfoot5 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sootfoot5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 1:21pm
I was with the Sioux when they touched the stars.....StarStarStar

frankly, I wondered when anyone was ever going to notice that!  It's been there for about a year now!

Edited by sootfoot5 - 03 Feb 2016 at 1:22pm
Victoria View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victoria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by sootfoot5 sootfoot5 wrote:

Originally posted by Victoria Victoria wrote:

I beg to differ! Stars DO write stories. :) 

Leave us our silliness, sometimes it's all we have. 

where is the f-king like button?  I want "leave us our silliness, sometimes it's all we have" on a bumper sticker!

We could have some made!
sootfoot5 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sootfoot5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 1:23pm
I swear I'd vote for the Prez candidate who used it for their slogan!
RelaxedReady View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RelaxedReady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2016 at 3:06am
Originally posted by Victoria Victoria wrote:

Because I need to ask the important questions!

Have the star ratings changed? I used to have four stars, and now I only have three? I used to be an addict and now I'm a regular? I was counting down the posts to my next star! :)

I realize I have no life. Star

this really made my night...my Friday night lol, do you get points if I like your post? LOL take care

Rr

turtle7313 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turtle7313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2017 at 11:22pm
I realize im a year late in this conversation, but where do you see how many posts away you are from your next star?
FFC CH1 GR 38 - A Broken Family - http://bit.ly/2ufVHFu
plkphoto View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote plkphoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2017 at 1:15am
People just look to see the break-off when other people get stars, I think. I don't know that it's actually written anywhere. But, you get more points for "thanks" on your posts than you do for just a comment. So, a good way to blast through the levels is to write something helpful that people will thank you for. :)
FFC 2018

Ch1 Gr62 -- The Other Side of the Coin (Thriller)
plkphoto View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote plkphoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2017 at 1:32am
At the moment, I think it's:

0-99 points: Newbie (one star)
100-249 points: Groupie (two star) -- one person with 256 as a Groupie… so maybe 260?
250-499 points: Regular (three star) -- one person with 505 still as Regular? Maybe 510?
500-1499 points: Addict (four star)
1500+ points: Black Belt (five star)

And -- I think it also depends on whether or not you've been active recently. The people that started way back when got to keep their BlackBelt status at under 1000 points… but only as long as they're not active. As soon as you come back it recalculates.

Have fun chasing those stars!
FFC 2018

Ch1 Gr62 -- The Other Side of the Coin (Thriller)
tcFlash View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcFlash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2017 at 1:51am
I've been around for a little while, and I still don't know how the stars that appear along with our screen names and photo to the left relate to the stars that show up in the center of the screen under the heading, rating. I've looked around on the site but haven't found any explanation. Would anyone care to enlighten me? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>