NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Challenge 2 Feedback

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sunshinequeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2015 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by plkphoto plkphoto wrote:

Originally posted by WriterByNight WriterByNight wrote:

I know for myself (and probably for Jen), I generally take an hour or more per story to give detailed feedback. If you tried that at $5 per story, then you'd be earning $5 per hour at most. So as a judge you would have to cut that back to 10 minutes per story to even make $30 per hour - and when they're getting the lower end of the fee, 5 minutes per story for $30 per hour… and suddenly you see why we get two throwaway lines from each judge.

I submit perhaps we have "Flash Judges" to match our "Flash Fiction" LOL

Edited by sunshinequeen - 30 Oct 2015 at 7:58pm
PaintMeWrite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintMeWrite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 12:43pm
A TABLE READ FROM MY UNDERSTANDING OF HAVING BEEN AT ONE WHERE THE DIRECTOR AND OR PRODUCER WILL HAVE A POTENTIAL ACTOR/ACTRESS READ PORTIONS OF A SCRIPT IN FRONT OF THEM, SPECIFICALLY, THE PART THEY WANT TO CAST AN INDIVIDUAL FOR.
PaintMeWrite
WriterByNight View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WriterByNight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by PaintMeWrite PaintMeWrite wrote:

A TABLE READ FROM MY UNDERSTANDING OF HAVING BEEN AT ONE WHERE THE DIRECTOR AND OR PRODUCER WILL HAVE A POTENTIAL ACTOR/ACTRESS READ PORTIONS OF A SCRIPT IN FRONT OF THEM, SPECIFICALLY, THE PART THEY WANT TO CAST AN INDIVIDUAL FOR.

This thread is from the flash fiction challenge.
FFC Final| Beyond the Veil
Micro R1 | How Could You?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintMeWrite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 2:45pm
MY APOLOGIES IF I POSTED IT ON THE WRONG FORUM. I THOUGHT I WAS REPLYING DIRECTLY TO WHO WAS ASKING THE QUESTION.
PaintMeWrite
patsy View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 2:48pm

You're in the right place!  That was me, and thank you!!
WriterByNight View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WriterByNight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 2:58pm

MY APOLOGIES IF I POSTED IT ON THE WRONG FORUM. I THOUGHT I WAS REPLYING DIRECTLY TO WHO WAS ASKING THE QUESTION.

You're not in the wrong forum, just in this instance the table read means something slightly different for the flash fiction contest than it would mean in the screenwriting sense of the word. 

In this case, the judges just meant for her to read it out loud to herself before submitting. 

I'm sorry if my answer wasn't clear. I didn't mean to for it to sound rude. 

Welcome to NYCM. I wish you the best of luck in the screenwriting competition. I entered it too. Hope to see you around the forum.

Edited by WriterByNight - 02 Nov 2015 at 3:05pm
FFC Final| Beyond the Veil
Micro R1 | How Could You?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintMeWrite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 3:12pm
Thanks
PaintMeWrite
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789