NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Promo code problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bariumcrunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Promo code problem
    Posted: 13 Jul 2015 at 1:37pm
Hi,
I tried to post on facebook to get the discount on the Flash Fiction Challenge and it is not verifying my post on my timeline for some reason.  can you please advise a solution or send me the promo code?  Thank you!
NilesPerry View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NilesPerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 9:37pm
I have never had the promo code work correctly. In each case, I've emailed the support people, pointed them to the "share" on my FB page, and asked for the $5 to be credited back to my credit card. They're really good about this, so just shoot them an email and they'll make it right.
bariumcrunch View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bariumcrunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2015 at 3:00pm
Cool, thank you for the tip!
fioOxf View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fioOxf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2019 at 11:33pm
I had problems today; then I went into my Chrome settings and 'allowed' pop-ups. It then wouldn't work BUT when I tried the other button (ie I'd started with the Twitter one, and switched to Facebook), instead of the 'post your message' window, I got the one with the code. Try it. If it doesn't work, DM me.
F
stephenmatlock View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephenmatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by fioOxf fioOxf wrote:

I had problems today; then I went into my Chrome settings and 'allowed' pop-ups. It then wouldn't work BUT when I tried the other button (ie I'd started with the Twitter one, and switched to Facebook), instead of the 'post your message' window, I got the one with the code. Try it. If it doesn't work, DM me.
F

Yeah, I've seen the problem occur because of ad blockers and pop-up blockers. I keep a browser (Edge or Opera) around for this kind of stuff--they're set to plain vanilla, and I use them for registrations. I don't use them for much of anything else, so there isn't a cookie path.

I realize I'm not the best citizen of the internet by doing this, but I get spammed with ads on my regular browser if I forget. I made the mistake of clicking a link from a S-I-L for a product I'm interested in, and now the advertiser/ad rotator puts ads for that product *everywhere* for me.
Pithy sayings are for the apt. For a longer message, you need a condo.

redhart View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redhart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 10:16pm
Mine didn’t work on Twitter but it did on Facebook
 Post Reply Post Reply