NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What Did You Draw for Round 2?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151617
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrjaywilson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2015 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by kerryadrienne kerryadrienne wrote:

Originally posted by jenspenden jenspenden wrote:

Originally posted by plkphoto plkphoto wrote:

Originally posted by fsenese fsenese wrote:

Congratulations on getting your story in--- as for "language", my round 1 story had the use of profane language as a plot point, and I posted it on the forum. No one complained. Much. So post away.

As I recall, your fictional blog "moderator" had more of a problem with the language than we, as your readers, did. At least as far as the comments I read... I admit I didn't read through every comment. Big smile 

I say - go for it kerryadrienne! Put a disclaimer if you'd like to avoid complaints, and don't put the language in the main post, but it should be fine in your attached story.

As far as I know (and from my experience), there's no rule against "language". I dropped at least five f-bombs in my round one story and did fine (and dropped a few more in my round two...oops, lol). Oh well. If the story calls for it, then it must be done! 

Looking forward to reading your round two submission--"language" and all! Wink

thanks, guys! I'll put a warning in the post. It's not like it is erotic romance (which I do write, LOL), but for some reason, it's making me uncomfortable now. It probably also has to do with the fact that I'm not happy about the story, but oh well... lol

I'm really looking forward to reading these round two stories!!!

Kerry

Oh, man. That's interesting. haha I've written a lot of erotic fiction, but only one person has ever seen them. :x I keep them locked in the dungeon (the stories, not the person who read them haha)
kerryadrienne View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerryadrienne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2015 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by mrjaywilson mrjaywilson wrote:

Originally posted by kerryadrienne kerryadrienne wrote:

Originally posted by jenspenden jenspenden wrote:

Originally posted by plkphoto plkphoto wrote:

Originally posted by fsenese fsenese wrote:

Congratulations on getting your story in--- as for "language", my round 1 story had the use of profane language as a plot point, and I posted it on the forum. No one complained. Much. So post away.

As I recall, your fictional blog "moderator" had more of a problem with the language than we, as your readers, did. At least as far as the comments I read... I admit I didn't read through every comment. Big smile 

I say - go for it kerryadrienne! Put a disclaimer if you'd like to avoid complaints, and don't put the language in the main post, but it should be fine in your attached story.

As far as I know (and from my experience), there's no rule against "language". I dropped at least five f-bombs in my round one story and did fine (and dropped a few more in my round two...oops, lol). Oh well. If the story calls for it, then it must be done! 

Looking forward to reading your round two submission--"language" and all! Wink

thanks, guys! I'll put a warning in the post. It's not like it is erotic romance (which I do write, LOL), but for some reason, it's making me uncomfortable now. It probably also has to do with the fact that I'm not happy about the story, but oh well... lol

I'm really looking forward to reading these round two stories!!!

Kerry

Oh, man. That's interesting. haha I've written a lot of erotic fiction, but only one person has ever seen them. :x I keep them locked in the dungeon (the stories, not the person who read them haha)

haha, I've had several books published in ER. And...I've had to read "scenes" aloud at conferences. Embarrassed  I'm not sure why I am worried about the words in this story--they aren't THAT bad. 

kerry
Rd 3: One Night Under the Big Top
5th place: Rnd2: 8: Headcount
1st place: Rnd 1 grp 16: Dead in the Water
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151617