NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forgive Me, Please?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GONZOsMAGNUM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forgive Me, Please?
    Posted: 12 Apr 2008 at 8:05pm
    Okay, we recently had a horrible storm (Denton/Dallas, TX), and my internet and cable was hooked up today and has been shady all day long. Well, I was freaking out because it's the due date of our screenplays. I submitted mine just after 11:30pm, so I'm good. Or so I thought. I didn't realize our stories were due 11:59pm NEW YORK TIME!!!!! Is there anyway I can be forgiven this ONE time? It's my first competition and I have been working hard on this script.
Sponsored Links

topangarose View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topangarose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2008 at 8:39am
Gonzo-
That is really a bummer! I almost made that same mistake in the short story contest...

If I were you- I'd put that question directly to them at nycmmm@msn.com instead of in this forum.

Good luck!
blowry View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blowry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2008 at 12:40pm
i received an email confimation, do i have to post my screenplay for it to appear in the forum and if yes how do you post it
bren
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topangarose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2008 at 4:40pm
I'm not the greatest techie in the world, but yes, you have to post it. Go to the 2008 screenplay review, and just like you posted here you would open a new post- title it with the name of your screenplay (you can see there how others are titleing theirs) Then in your first post on that new thread, put in your title and logline, then you need to insert a hyperlink that goes to where your screenplay is posted (on another site)

I don't know how to insert a hyperlink, as i had to get my daughter to help me do it, but it's pretty easy.

So you need to have posted your screenplay on another site that will accomodate it. (I've noticed in other's posts they listed here and there some places that they've put theirs, that will hold the file, but I didn't enter the screenplay compeition, only the short story, so I'm not familiar with those sites, I have been reading them trying to learn.)

Probably if you post in the general screenplay bar and lounge section a question about where others have posted, someone will respond with the info. I made some notes on where others put theirs, as I was reading thru' posts. I'll see if I can find those if you don't get any responses- but i'm sure someone will offer the info!

Another way to find a host site, might be to go to someone's screenplay and just use the same site they did. You might also ask on the same post if anyone can walk you through the hyperlink if you don't know how. The first thing is to find the site to put your screenplay on.

I hope that helps. -     

Edited by topangarose - 10 May 2008 at 8:15pm
blowry View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blowry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2008 at 6:19pm
Thanks for the help.  I will try looking on some of the scripts to see where they put theirs.  I'm no a computer idiot, nor am I a techie.  Still I wonder how many people actually knew how to do this.  I don't see on the instructions they gave us anything about putting the script on a site to store it.  This is new stuff to me.  Always good to learn something new.  Sounds kind of optimistic.  Okay, I am going to give it another shot.   Thanks again.  blowry
bren
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topangarose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2008 at 8:08pm
I think quite a few people had some trouble with this. I know they did in the short story contest!

I've found if you go back to the very begining posts(like the early pages of the 2008 review posts, or the early pages of the screenwriter's bar and lounge,or short story corner in general-) you often find people discussing how to do this kind of stuff, as the questions usually come up right after the contest deadlines- when everyone is trying to put up their work.

Since most screenplays have been posted for a while now, the questions aren't coming up often. So try looking at the earliest posts there also- in say, pages 1-3 or so. *Note: the sites (URLS) that people posted short stories on, probably will not hold up the length of a screenplay, but I'm pretty sure I remember people discussing how to insert the hyperlink, so you might glean info in both places.    

Edited by topangarose - 10 May 2008 at 8:14pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic